Using Blocs 2.5 and 3 alongside...is t possible?

I am thinking to buy version 3 and i want to know if it’s possible to use Blocs 2.5 and 3 alongside… thanks!

Hi @vmcv

yes it is possible see:

Blocs 3 is Here

MDS

You can certainly have 2.5 installed as well as version 3. You could carry on using Blocs 2.5 just as you did before, though personally I would always use Blocs 3 unless it was just to make a small update on an existing older site.

*Just a quick note that you will not be able to adjust projects in Blocs 2.5 if they have previously been edited and saved in Blocs 3.

HI… I just tried what Norm said… add this name Blocs-2 so they don’t overwrite. I just added that name and try if i can open Blocs (Blocs-2)…it doesn’t …sooo what I did wrong here?

Hi @vmcv

Difficult to say why it may not work on your computer. It works fine on mine. Even the dock shortcut updates accordingly.

MDS

Yes I noticed that the dock shortcut updates… but I clicked and it doesn’t even move. nothing at all happening here… agg…now. I sticked to Blocs 2.5

Have you tried to open Blocs directly from the Applications folder ? Have you made sure you still have the .app extension ?

yes I tried to open it from there too with the name Blocs-2 but no, still same…but if I rename it as before Blocs, then it opens normally
any suggestions?

I have Blocs 2.6.5 along Blocs 3 and just downloaded Blocs 2.5.0 to see if there was an issue there but no, it opens as well. So I do not know what may wrong with yours… Sorry

:thinking:

Norm gave me the tip to put the extracted program file on the desktop, than rename it there and put it than in the Application folder.
Worked super here.

1 Like

Well you can also download Blocs 3 and when you open the dmg file you drag the app to the applications folder.

It will then ask you:

Click Keep both and it will automatically rename Blocs (3) to Blocs-2

MDS

when i do that, it doesn’t automatically rename Blocs 3 or -2 or whatever, it always renames “copy”

Well, @MDS was wright, it should work the “blocs way”, but for me it didn´t so I followed @Norm ´s instructions.
That way I found my into running both versions on the same computer.