Using blocs for 3 years but Now I need you guys

Hey Norm and everyone in here, have been using blocs for over 3 years and never had this problem, the preview, doesn’t show colors no images no fonts, please help guys this is bad and
do not know the reason.

blocs V 5.1 Beta Build 6
Ventura 13.3.1 (a)

Guys, please show me the power of our community

Use the stable release of Blocs instead of the beta.

If you’re using the beta, submit bugs / crash reports, so they can be resolved. Always have a backup of any projects.

The power of the community only works when sufficient information is shared to analyze an issue. A simple “Blocs is not showing images, colours and fonts” is not really a helpful guide into some sort of direction.

Here’s my two cents guess as I can’t provide more: Your preview port is used by another application.

As @PeteSharp mentioned, avoid beta versions unless you’re willing to encounter bugs, errors and crashes.

3 Likes

Thank you for your input Jerry I am using this version in beta for a while. I don’t think it’s a bug I think it’s configuration. I moved to a new computer and now I’m getting this, but not only in preview even when I export a I don’t see the images, fonts or colors I just see blank screens with standard font no images.

I do think it is something to do with the ports how and where can I change those?

Thanks so much for your input and time
I really need to have this resolved

Best Ofel

I’ve opened other documents with a regular version. Still, I get the same story I think it’s what Jerry mentioned it’s something to do with the ports I just don’t know how to go about fixing those.

Best Ofel

I even thought that I could not transfer the license to a new computer so I went ahead and bought a new license with the plus but still same story

Oh wow, you must be Norm’s favourite customer since you buy a new license every time you get a new computer. :grin: :desktop_computer:.

Hi:

Like the other fellows have mentioned, get off the beta.
Download Blocs 5.0.8 and then tell us if you are having the same issues.

Rich the Weather Guy

Yes, the template question is another good one that I need resolving but I’m one step behind still need an answer on how to fix the ports, anyone?

I hear that I not only use the new version that’s not beta. I also bought a new license did not help.

I need to clear up the port, the block uses
I guess it’s occupied by something else I just need to get to it and change it back to the port the block uses
But I just need some guidance on how to go about doing that.

Make sure you have quit all other applications, restart the Mac, try again. If any app is using the “viewport” as Jerry suggested, then quitting and re-starting should kill that issue.
Not clear on what you are telling us? You purchased “new License?” Does this mean that you have the Blocs 5.0.8 version installed and THAT does not work either?

Rich the Weather Guy

yes even with a new regular copy it’s not working
I did restart and then got a new license and installed a new version
is there a way to reassign the port?

thanks

I have been using Macs for 35 years and I have never had to mess with “ports.” I “think” (and Jerry can correct me) what Jerry was suggesting was another application may have been using whatever your mac uses to view a preview.
Now, having said that, I don’t think that is your issue after a restart.
You need to file a ticket with Norm and group.
You say this is all occurring on a new Mac? So you exported your project and brought that over to the new Mac?
Then you problems began when opening that older project on a new Mac?
What version of Blocs were you using on the old Mac? Is the old Mac still available? Can you still open your project on that old Mac and everything looks fine?

Rich the Weather Guy

I’m pretty sure it’s the port I had a message saying the 8080 is being used by another app
but I didn’t think anything of it at the time it’s only when Jerry mentioned it clicked

I just need to know how to reassign it again

thanks

You can google your question…

Rich the Weather Guy

Hey guys, thanks everybody for putting your right foot forward i just solved the case
And I hope sharing this will help anybody else with the same issue cause it’s not fun at all
Anyway, the solution was, I hadn’t noticed that I created a new user when setting up the new computer and so I had 2 users. once I logged into the other user account everything just clicked DAAA.

Yeah, it’s a simple solution, but very easy to overlook
Thanks again everybody God bless be safe.

2 Likes