Using Elementor Pro in WordPress

Wow, I am so excited!I was faced with rebuilding a site I made in Blocs. So I thought OK, I’ll try exporting from Blocs to WordPress.

Exported fine, then I made a ZIP of all the exported files, and installed it in WordPress as a theme. Bang! That was easy. The site looks exactly like the original Blocs site. All I had to do was fix the navi header.

but … I tried to edit the content using Elementor on one of the pages and Elementor says " You must call “the_content” function in the current template, in order for Elementor to work on this page."

So now I’m trying to figure out what the heck “the-content” is and where I need to add it. Maybe an ID that needs to be added first to all content Blocs in Blocs?

But, as I said wow! I am so impressed that the whole export and import went so easily.

Hi Gary,

How did you get this to work in Elementor? Can you describe what you did to fix this?

I have a problem that Elementor will not work with any of my blocs-made themes. I can’t seem to get it to work without putting Elementor into safe mode.

John

Not an expert in this - but why would you use a clean blocs project in Wordpress and use the most bloated builder on the web to edit it?

Does this actually work though?

Normally it should work. This would allow you to create the global style of the website in the form of the WordPress theme and then use Elementor to fill the “WordPress content” area on the page to have some more options/possibilities than the current built-in editor (Gutenberg). It does create a vendor lockin on the part of Elementor, which is why I usually suggest Gutenberg.

I agree. But sometimes a customer insists on using WP + Elementor. I always try to talk them out of it.

I didn’t really have to do anything - I just exported the entire site , choosing the WP export.

However, my initial joy was somewhat tempered by the fact that I couldn’t really edit anything in WP. But it looked just fine.

I then found out that there has to be a piece of code in each page:

<?php the_content(); ?>

then it worked … well kind of. Instead of creating 1 template for all pages, I now have a page template in Elementor for each individual page …

So, yea … kinda sort of works …