Video not playing in chrome

Hi everybody, I am self-hosting a short video on my website. It plays well in Safari, but not at all in Chrome. Does anyone have a hint on what causes this? Here´s the web-address: https://fahrzeugbeschriftungen-online.de The video is below the car drawings. Any help appreciated!

My immediate thought was that it was something related to the file format, but checking the developer tools in Safari it comes up with a red error message that says:

“Failed to load resource: Plug-in handled load” then lists the video url.

You have applied a class that looks a bit odd. "class=“media-document mac video” and I’m not sure what that is doing, but I wonder if removing that would fix it. How did you create the video? Was it using Handbrake or something else?

If you load the video into the browser directly it’s not playing as well. I would put my 2 cents on a video coding issue. Is the file a real .mp4 or just renamed?

Secondly, as mentioned by @Flashman the structure looks a bit odd. I would recode the video as well as remove the video Bric and re-add it.

Instant Update:
After converting the video to a ‘real’ .mp4 with handbrake it plays perfectly for me in Chrome and Edge.

Update 2:
I’m noticing your video player allows “picture in picture” To my knowledge the video Bric that comes with Blocs does not support this.

Thank you both very much, I converted the video with handbrake, deleted the bric as advised and re-added it. It´s working now.
This is my first Blocs-project. After 20 years of Rapidweaver I stumbled upon Blocs recently and like it a lot. Obviously, the community is decent as well. Thanks again!

3 Likes

Since I found “Focus Video - Video Converter” I no longer use handbrake. I love the tool - fast, effective and extremely uncomplicated.

Welcome to Blocs @GuenterBorgemeister

Welcome to Blocs builder! :slight_smile: