Volt CMS: Gallery in Blog?

Hey guys, I’m using Volt Blog. Now I would like to have a gallery inside the blog. Is there a solution?

Unfortunately not with the current version.

Oh no :grimacing: I think this is very important in a blog for everyone with lots of pictures.

Would one gallery below the main content be sufficient (as workaround, before the editor is able to add multiple galleries itself)?

1 Like

Oh yes, one gallery (flexbox) below the main content would be great.

1 Like

It would be nice to have it inside the blog, or even the ability too add two images side by side. Hopefully something like this will come down the road.

Looking forward to seeing how you add your blog.

Casey

Will be added in 1.8.

10 Likes

Yes, definitely, columns will come into the editor, later though.

6 Likes

That’s great. Can you tell when it will be?

I hope some days, but you know how it works :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I have another question: I need some category buttons in a blog. In a blog I have many different categories (dogs, cats, birds…). When I click a button (dog), I see the category (dog) only I clicked. How can I do that?

Make sure you give each blog a category. Then create a list of these on the website and link them to each category.

Here’s my list:
CleanShot 2022-02-17 at 16.20.12@2x

Then link each category in the sidebar.
CleanShot 2022-02-17 at 16.22.02@2x

casey

2 Likes

Hey casey, thanks. It works. :pray: :+1:

2 Likes

Glad I could help.

Casey

1 Like

I have a first version running. Needs some more settings to be able to go live.

6 Likes

Sounds great.

Available now in 1.8:

3 Likes

Sounds great! When I replace the Volt Editor with the new one will I lose any of my older blog posts?

Thanks
Casey

You really think I would publish an update where old posts are not available any more :smile: you should know better :wink:

Of course all old content is working with the new modal editor, at least to my tests :+1:

1 Like

Yup, I already have been exploring! I can see some great possibilities. I have a few questions,(surprise). The editor when you add images is sorting them in reverse order. It use to show the most recent images added first now it shows them last. I liked the other way better as if you want to change the order in the post you now have to scroll all the way to the bottom of all the images you have added?

I also have been playing around with the different types of galleries.
Using Masonary and Carousel the images display edge to edge with the same padding as the container.

When I use flexbox the images are centered with large padding on the left and right? Is it possible to have flexbox use the same padding and the rest of the post? Are there a class I could apply to reduce the padding?

Thanks for all the work, it’s really nice to have this available for blogs.
Casey