Volt CMS Update 1.9.2

Brilliant :+1:t2::grin:

1 Like

This looks great - will be adding this for sure.

@Jannis - is there a demo like J.Workman did with his where we can log in and have a little play around with ? (think his resets every 30 mins back to default)

Thanks

https://voltdemo.blocsaddons.com/login/

Then go to the blog page, I think. Everything works pretty much the same as Volt CMS.

Delete what you’ve done, keeps @Jannis housekeeping in order!

2 Likes

thanks - ill have a look.

Very Cool.

Question: Will this be compatible with Blocs 4 on the day Blocs 4 is availble?

Thanks!

Why should it not?

I take you mean, yes, it will be! :blush:

You might want to update those infos at blocs.store as well. Volt is still listed as V1.2 (last updated February 23rd) there.

Thanks, done.

1 Like

Volt CMS 1.4 is released. New in this release:

5 Likes

Hi Jannis,

I updated my Volt Blocs/ Brics through the Extension Manager earlier and the Password Protect Bric wasn’t added to my installed list.

I think you’ll need to download it from Paddle. It would be good if Blocs could look for newly associated brics/blocs under some kind of package label and not just those that are already installed.

2 Likes

As @Flashman stated, either re-download with the link provided in the purchase email, or head over to https://my.paddle.com/ and re-download.

1 Like

Thanks, I just downloaded it from my original purchase link.

1 Like

Sounds like a great option that has been long missing from many website development platforms. Can you please clarify whether it currently has an online sign-up feature and whether the feature has payment gateway integration. The only reason I ask is that some of my clients need this functionality for protected content - basically, allowing clients to sign-up to gain access - with or without payment. I didn’t see anything in the documentation about this. If it isn’t currently available, is it something planned for the future?

1 Like

Brilliant!

I have just had a play with the demo on the page, can I have it so the user can get into a password protected page and not have the 2 icons in the top left of the screen? I need to have pages once password is added - it acts as a normal page and not have options / icons…I don’t want them to have any editing options or choice of buttons - just a log in…and boom!

Also If I want to use Volt for purely for just password protecting a page which is not made in volt, can this be done?

Thanks Jannis

As you have nothing read about this: no. You are currently only able to use the 5 inbuilt users, what I also stated before.

Further functionality like online user creation (by administrator users) and self registration will follow in a later version update.

Regarding payment integration: I guess there would be a dozen possible integrations, so no, that’s currently out of scope, at least for this main version.

Yes.

Yes. Remember correctly only the 5 inbuilt username/password hash combinations can be used.

Quick heads up:

If you update from a lower version to 1.4, make sure to remove the core bric and add it again. See for reference:

Hey Jannis,
Regarding password protected pages, is it possible to use just a password to access, or view, a page?
An example use-case could be a portfolio of projects in where access is granted to just a select few. So unlike logging in to a site, a password is used to unlock a page.

Is that currently possible? From what I can tell, it doesn’t look like it is.
But… if it is, how can I do that? If not possible, is this something that can be added to the roadmap?

1 Like