Warning No Preview in Blocs or Browsers for Blocs 5.2.1

Yes, preview is now sporadic for me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not!

Rich the Weather Guy

So glad I was not the only one.

Sometimes it loads everything, and sometimes graphics don’t appear. Weird.

Rich the Weather Guy

Hey everyone, your device IP is now used for the PHP server so you can share it over the local network, the old way wouldn’t load. I’m wondering if firewalls may prevent this new preview method working for some.

Anyone with the preview issue, if you could try the following:

• Start up Blocs Fresh (If it’s been open, quit and restart it).

• Create a new project add a few Blocs and hit preview. Does the page load successfully for you?

• Create a new project add a few Blocs, set the page file type to php and hit preview. Does the page load successfully for you?

Note to everyone: Don’t DM, or email me bug reports, I get a lot of messages and I rarely have time to read them.

This is how to report bugs :point_down:

2 Likes

I’ve found the cause of this issue and patched it up ready for the next beta of Blocs for Mac.

Looks like the issue is caused when launching the PHP server for the first time in a browser rather than using in app preview.

You may also find simply refreshing the browser after its opened or launch the in-app preview (play button) and then preview in browser after will correct the issue (in the meantime).

Personally, I tried this before and it did not work for me. I am hoping to get time to put the Beta to the test this afternoon.

1 Like

Good News Norm, I opened the project and the Previewed worked in the Blocs App.
Thank you, for getting on this right away. I am looking for to the next stable release. :slight_smile:

1 Like