Warning Sign on Third Party Extensions

After upgrading to Blocs 5 and converting my site triangleforces.com to Bootstrap 5 I see a lot of ‘yellow warning signs’ next to third-party brics/extensions.

Does anybody know what they stand for? Incompatibility with Blocs 5 or Bootstrap 5? Or both? Can I ignore those or should I get rid of them (goodbye investment)?

Last year, a flag was added for developers to set what bootstrap version the bric supported - 4 / 5 or both.

If the bric hasn’t been updated to support that feature, it defaults to a warning. It doesn’t mean it doesnt work though. (Flexy Foot is an example there. No update, but it works in 4 and 5.)

Some may just not support Bootstrap 5 altogether. There were some big changes between Bootstrap 4 and 5.

I’ve just tried it 20 minutes ago and it didn’t! I’ll give it another go later when Blocs has had a little rest and see how it goes next time around.

But I was interested also in knowing what those warning triangles were.

Thank you for making that clear.

Just to report back, that after a couple of times of deleting and re-applying, Flexy Foot worked for me.

Flexy won’t work if you use the new tags feature.

I’ve pulled Flexy from availability as Flexy Foot 2 is in testing and just having a manicure :smiley:

4 Likes

HA!
I don’t even know what the ‘new tags’ are!
You’re talking to a numbskull here- all I know is that it worked.
Flexy Foot 2 eh? Could you build a ‘pin to browser base’ feature into that for all pages so it can be a base version of Sticky Nav Bar :grimacing::grinning:
Cheers Pete

I’m not really following what you mean. But It has 2 new modes. Classic and Reveal. All automated with smart detection. :smiley: but don’t tell anyone it’s a secret until released :shushing_face::zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Good stuff @PeteSharp,
What I was meaning is a bloc/footer that acts like a sticky Nav but at the base of your browser window so it always shows, with your main content scrolling behind both the visible footer and visible nav bloc.
Ideally, have visibility selectable at different breakpoints, as you probably wouldn’t want it at the 2 smaller sizes.
Just thinking out loud!

Thanks a lot!