What is this strange thing?

Hm, wow, this happened today when trying to open the website project, and how to solve it? 40 missing “things”.

Did you move your site on your hard drive?

Rich the Weather Guy

Do you save on an external that’s been disconnected? In the Cloud? Do you embed or link assets?

The latter is the way I always go now so no more lost files.

Hi, I link (not embed) all assets in the project so I can click “show in finder”… but this list of errors is not browsable when opening the project, I can’t “choose” anything more than “remove”. Or if I click the circular arrows I can browse, but where to browse to find all those “.js” files?

I did not move it, it’s on the same USB ssd which is has been for a long time.

Is the drive connected? Only asking because I realised I forgot to reconnect my TimeMachine HD yesterday, after disconnecting it 10 days earlier… opps.

Yes, always connected.

I have sometimes been getting the same baffling alert on opening an existing blocs project.

The given list of the files - described as project attachments - are the files I export.
However there seems to be no problems with the project as all files export as normal.

I am also confused by all being described as assets in the alert since there I see no help for attachments in the assets manager

It appears to be a quirk but should I worry ?

Hi Calvados:

I had a similar problem way back when I started using Blocs.
Blocs can’t find the assets listed. If you click one of those listed, you have an opportunity to tell Blocs where that asset is now located.
This list pops up if you move your site or files around on your hard drive.
Once you re-point blocs to the missing asset the msg should go away.
One caveat, I had problems way back with those lists popping up, Norm did some kind of fix, and I have not seen the issue pop up again.

Try that, see if it helps.

Rich the Weather Guy

Thanks Rich @WeatherguyNH

Thing is these are neither assets nor missing. They are the files you get when you export the site.

Richard

In the description it states these are all “attachments” that are missing?

Rich the Weather Guy

@WeatherguyNH Yes. The popup window is titled Missing Assets. The description refers to project assets.
In the list it refers to them as Project Attachments.
They have the names of the files I get when exporting the project. Are these attachment or assets or both ?

Some confusing names in there and misleading if you go searching in the assets manager for attachments to manage them.

Yes I can go searching for them on my hard drive and easy to find because they are in the export file for the project. But it does not magically get them back and make the alert shut down.
Whatever they may be or named I opted to close it down. They have not reappeared. Perhaps a quirk. Work continues without a hitch. So no more said.
Richard

If you click in the error boxes, you should have an option to relocate the attachment. That “points” blocs to where the attachment is located and then that warning should close?
Is that not what happens?

Rich the Weather Guy

Thanks, calvados, yes the project seems to work even if I skip this (close the window) but it’s a bit scary it appears now and then, it seems like random. Should we worry?

Thanks, yes I can look around to find those .js files (serach for system files etc outside of blocs) and then browse to that position in Blocs and click it, but I don’t know really why it appears even if I, what I know, didn’t move anything around.

Hi @Himmelstrutz

Hi

With me they only appear on one version of one project. Although they have made fleeting visits on other occasions. I copied the project, saved it and they no longer show on this second version.

Like you I followed all the instructions and advice given on this forum and on the alert to locate the missing attachments/assets. Yes I could find them but the alert kept popping up.

In my case the missing items are not attachments or assets but the exported files. And when files are exported it is a one way ticket. You can not open them in the application so I reason they can’t be reconnected. But maybe this is flawed reasoning on my part.

Your case looks different in that you have different list - mostly js files. Try making a copy and working with that ? But do back up first.

Should we worry ? I am hoping Norm will tell us.

Check your Project Attachments, it looks like you have a folder of resources (possibly a duplicate of your entire website) added there.

A common scenario that causes this type of situation is dragging an exported version of your website onto an FTP app or another location in Finder and dropping it onto the Blocs UI accidentally.