Will Blog Functionality Ever Happen in Blocs?

Jannis a.k.a., @Jannis, made a really cool video that may help you.

At the present my El Capitan OS X will not support it. I was so impressed with VoltCMS and it ease of use, I decided to get it and wait until I get a new Mac.
2 Likes

I just checked out the video on the Volt website and from what I can tell, it’s a simple to use CMS, but of course a blog system would require certain unique functionality that a CMS does not, for example, automatically moving and ordering archives and updating menus to reflect added posts, etc. I will keep Volt CMS in mind though for CMS projects. Up until now, the CMS I’ve found that works well enough for my use is Cushy CMS Free and simple CMS » CushyCMS

That’s cool, not being a coder VoltCMS is right for me.

1 Like

for a CMS, I agree. But unless I’m missing something, for a blog, Volt would not currently do the job.

Sure.

A blog does not have a “menu”. Or you have to explain your understanding of this.

As said, it’s on the roadmap :+1:

1 Like

This plug in is super easy to install on the server. The database runs using My SQL. Part of the quick install process involves creating a username and PW for logging into the admin CMS panel. Once it’s installed, making most modifications to the blog (text styling, colors, etc) is really easy from the admin panel. As I said in my earlier post, advanced styling is possible using a text editor if needed. I used Adobe Brackets to do some styling (for mobile breakpoints) outside of the CMS admin panel.