Wordpress help

Hi all. I am so happy to be part of this community of amazing people.

I am hoping someone can help me again. I would like to know if there are pre installed Wordpress themes for one to use or does one have to make your own. Thanks in advance.

Astrid

1 Like

If you login to your WordPress admin panel online you will see some theme options, but in Blocs you are expected to make your own.

You actually raise a good point and I think some blocs created WordPress themes that could be exported, or used as a starting point for editing, would be a really good idea @Norm

4 Likes

Thank you so much for that. I’ll have a look and let you know. So I can’t export a Wordpress theme over to blocs. Just asking as the walkthroughs available for making Wordpress themes in blocs is a struggle for me being very new at this. I really really don’t like Wordpress but absolutely love blocs.

1 Like

Opportunity for @Ricardo to produce some templates for WP :smiley:

4 Likes

:flushed: umm, pondering :thinking:

2 Likes

I for sure would love to get more knowledge of the Wordpress side of things with blocs.

I have tried and I did something wrong !! And just thought this is the reason why I don’t use Wordpress and didn’t bother!

Ive done a few things in WP that was pretty basic but combining both Blocs & WP would be great and some templates could be the way to go and a basic instructional vid covering install and basic operations would be a buy for me!

@Ricardo your WP sites in blocs are really good and would love to see some more of your work and some templates would be great!

@brechtryckaert is this something you could do too with a good template with your huge knowledge in WP?

@Norm & @Eldar a few WP templates would be really good too!!! I would love to see WP/blocs combo get a little love in 2024…25….26!

3 Likes

Totally agree!!!

1 Like

You should go for it!

I am not a big fan of WordPress myself, but I would be super happy to help other designers start creating great templates, especially WordPress templates, for Blocs.

If you need any help with the whole process of creating and sharing templates, I will do my best to share my experience with you.

Cheers,
Eldar

P.S. I am working on a new module for my Blocs 5 Course focusing solely on WordPress, so maybe I will release at least one high-quality template together with the course update.

3 Likes

Hi all. Thank you so much for this. It would be amazing to have some templates available that are Wordpress ready. I’m trying so set up a commerce page and it’s easy in blocs but need other options for my clients. This would open new avenues for me. The client wants me to use woo commerce and that’s not available on blocs without a Wordpress integration. Hope that makes sense to everyone.

3 Likes

All I can say for now is that something is on the way concerning WP themes for Blocs :wink:

6 Likes

Wow wow wow. That would be amazing and can’t wait. Keep us posted please. Would make our lives so so mugc easier. Hope you not going to keep us waiting too long. :blush:

4 Likes