Wow Slider

Hi All,

I need a slider that will show random images with associated text which link through to a particular page in a site. “WOW slider” does these things but I can’t yet insert it into a Blocs page.

Anyone know how to do this please?

There seems to be some contradictory experiences among Blocs users - Judy’s post of Jun '20 “Wow Slider - multiple slideshows on one page?” implies she got a Wow slider to work ok but eriks “Using WOW-slider” question of July '18 suggests maybe not.

Any and all help greatly appreciated, I’m trying to resurrect a site made in Joomla but banjaxed during update. I’m also open to alternatives to WOW Slider that will have the above functionality and work in Blocs

Many thanks,

Rob

You create a slider in WowSlider using all the features you want. When the slider is looking how you want it, use the Save HTML option to save your slider to a location on your computer. Best to create a folder first and save to that folder. This makes the files easy to locate.

The files created will include two folders: data1 and engine1. There will also be an HTML file named wowslider-howto.html. Open that file in a browser to get the embed code for your blocs page.

There are two piece of embed code. The first is the head code; copy this code. You would then go to your page properties in Blocs and click on the code icon. In the code window select header and then paste the code.

You should then copy the main body code from the wowslider-howto.html. Return to your blocs page and add a code bric to your page wherever you want the slide to appear. With the code bric selected, click on the edit code button in the right sidebar, Paste the code into the code edit window.

That’s all there is to it. You won’t be able to see the slider in preview, but if you publish the site to a folder on your system, you will be able to check the site before uploading to a server. After publishing to a folder, copy the data1 and engine1 folders from the wow slider folder and paste them into the folder where you published your web pages. If you now open the web pages in a browser, you will see your slider. This is also a good way to get all the files uploaded to your server. Using an FTP app, just select all the files and folders in your local published website and send them up to the root of your domain.