Wwdc 2023

I wonder if Vision Pro could replace the combination of a MacBook with external displays. If so, this is revolutionary. If a user could just bring the Vision Pro with keyboard and mouse(trackpad), and have a full workstation anywhere he/she goes, that would be amazing!

1 Like

Oh boyā€¦ I wish I didnā€™t see that first impressionā€¦ Now I am really into oneā€¦ But that priceā€¦ wellā€¦I havenā€™t been naughty, so maybe Santa has something in store for me

After watching the Marquesā€™s video, itā€™s clear that it wonā€™t be able to replace the real workstation setups anytime soon. It will run on visionOS, which will be even more limited than iPadOS. It will be cool to create websites with Blocs for iPad app :sunglasses:, but I guess this product will still be an accessory device, in addition to Mac.

This is exactly what I thought of while watching the keynote video.

If the video quality and clarity are as good as Apple and others say it is then it would be worth considering especially since an Apple Studio monitor is 2/3rds the cost of Apple Vision Pro and not nearly as versatile!

1 Like

And what creator only uses one screen?

Two quality monitors, can easily cost moreā€¦ hence why my 16ā€ MacBook is my second :joy: (also I love the display, itā€™s my fav).

Saw a video with Tim Cook today, he saidā€¦ ā€œItā€™ll do anything that your Mac or iPhone can do and moreā€

Spacial computing is going to have a significant future Iā€™d say. The bar has been raised pretty high and does show why Apple used the approach they did for complete SOC in its silicon. (Probably 1 of many).

2 Likes

That would be great! Letā€™s hope they donā€™t hold it back as they do software on iPadOS!

Spot on, I have just realized I want the same thing :blush:

1 Like