Wwdc 2023

Who is excited for WWDC?

What are you most excited about? New Hardware, New Software?

Stable OS.

3 Likes

Blocs for iPad being App of the year :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Maybe next year :sunglasses:

2 Likes

No such thing :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I say it every time, but please, for the love of whichever God you pray to, please announce that Calendar and Reminders will be merged into one App!

2 Likes

I would like some slight improvements done to calendar on the Mac too. I actually find it much better on my iPhone that the Mac !

1 Like

When will Blocs come to visionOS? :laughing:

Exactly, especially those pesky PEBKAC errors that plague every device. :laughing:

I am very excited about Vision Pro. Looking forward to the MKHD review of this!

1 Like

Now that we have Blocs for iPad, it’ll be available Launch Day :sunglasses::scream::joy:

2 Likes

I look forward to building a website with Blocs using Apple’s over priced Ski Goggles Vision Pro while skiing down Le Grand Couloir. :eyeglasses: :skier:

2 Likes

As AI is the next big thing to be brought into our lives now, I am hoping Apple will jump on this and integrate it in some form with software.

I would love the headphone jack brought back into iPad Pro’s!!! - from a business point of view, so many audio technicians/singers/performers/pubs/restaurants etc use iPads for music playback as well as using it to operate digital desks. They brought back ports on the latest MacBook pro’s! - I am hoping they will with an iPad Pro.

I’m assuming what you mean is something like ChatGPT? because Machine Learning models (ML) is already under the hood and part of a lot of things already, hence the Neural Engine in Apple Silicon.

My 2cents is that Siri will be the base for this, but I’m curious how difficult high privacy levels make this. I don’t know enough about it. But I do wonder if we will see a hybrid cloud solution.

Maybe @Norm can expand on the ML capabilities in Xcode.

Regarding the 3.5mm audio port. Can that even physically fit the newer iPads? I haven’t looked into it.

1 Like

Yeah something like that - and yes via Siri, some form of integration…which as you said is under the hood, but wonder if they bring it more into Pages etc or even add a load of videos into iMove and tell it to auto edit them, cut them add music and make it dramatic or chilled etc!

Yeah I think it should be able to…or make the new pro so they can fit.
I know you can have the adaptors which offer 3.5mm jack, or a dual to charge too which can sometimes be intermittent and a lot of engineers refuse to use them.

An AV company I read on a twitter post bought around 100 of the current iPad that have the audio port on at the moment as they know this will soon be gone too. They use it for so many things.
Radio stations use them too for Jingles and sound FX’s when presenting shows so they can do things on the fly with it.

Well I was really impressed with Apples keynote presentation and I will stick my neck out here and say it was one of the slickest and best they have done in my opinion.

The new IOS looks brilliant and some really neat ideas coming in and love the new airplay update!
So many new things to look forward to.

The vision pro headset ! WOW! this is just amazing but at a price point that will be a toy for the big tech players/fans…maybe one day!!

The new Vision Pro set looks absolutely amazing… I just regained consciousness after passing out yesterday when I heard the price…

2 Likes

I wonder if that will at all work for people that need glasses. Keyword accessibility :wink:

It takes lenses for people who wear glasses. So that would be an extra cost no doubt.

MKBHD has a video out of his first impressions on using it.

4 Likes

Nice. I’m sure within the next 20 years this thing will look like normal glasses (more or less) and will be standard like smartphone or smartwatches are today.

2 Likes

This is the video I’ve been waiting for.

1 Like