Big sites and max number of pages

Is Blocs efficient and stable when designing big sites that have many pages where each page contains images and text? For example 150 to 200 pages?

Would it be a problem to open and work with such big files in Blocs in terms of stability and speed?

Similar topics have been discussed previously which may answer your inquiry.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, I appreciate it.

As hendon52 had mentioned, I want to split a site into 2 mini-sites: A normal mini-site (5 to 10 pages) that gives a general overview and a products mini-site that will feature about 100 products that fall under 2 main categories, where each category has 10 sub-categories and each sub-category will have 10 products. The layout to display any or all product will be exactly the same for example: Photo of product to the left, title and description to the right and a downloadable PDF file below the description. So for the products mini-site, I could design the products page on the very first page and then duplicate it 99 times. I would then go to each page in order to insert the correct photo, Text and PDF for each respective product. I could then eventually export this file and call up the product pages from the main mini-site.

Input and advice from other members will be appreciated. Sorry, posted my question here because I have not received any responses within the thread that I was referred to.

Although you can manage all this via Blocs, I would consider designing the site in Blocs and using a CMS. My personal choice is OctoberCMS (which you can export a template for from Blocs).

And then I would make a custom plugin using the Builder Plugin to automate the product pages. Maybe more work initially but long term management is easier.

1 Like

Thanks Malachiman, that does sound like the right approach but I am not a coder. Is it easy to learn October CMS? Do they have a step by step tutorial? I am willing to learn.

What I want to achieve is fairly simple.

OctoberCMS does have a learning curve. Actually making sites in OctoberCMS is what led me to using Blocs a couple of years ago.

IMO I would call OctoberCMS more a developers CMS, that can easily be setup for an easy to use CMS for clients.

Go with what’s going to work for you though.

A tutorial of all this would be good! hahaha with OctoberCMS the way you use it, sorry it’s not the main theme haha

1 Like

So easy @nelo I’ll add it to the growing list of things. :rofl:

But yeah a 101 tutorial setting up a basic Blocs theme would be good.

1 Like

I want to see it, I have many questions with this CMS hahaha and a step by step tutorial with the teacher Malachiman would be super good! Excellent service, take your Like! Hahaha

Thanks Malachiman, I think I will avoid OctoberCMS for the moment. However, I guess you have sparked an interest.

1 Like

Same here. I wish @PeteSharp Pete would have more time for tutorials. Still waiting for the start of his courses on blocsbuilder.com :wink: