Bloc edge divider issue

Hey Blocs community,
I’m fiddling around with the great new possibilities of Blocs 4 and I love the bloc edge divider. However if I add the effect to more then 1 it seems they start to connect and as soon as i add a new divider the other get changed. Has this to do with ids or to many classes?
How can I resolve this problem? Has anyone else encountered this?
Is there a way to set a general custom class for this dividers?

I appreciate all your help, maybe someone has already figured it out–

I’m not sure why you are experiencing this, It works fine for me? I can add as many edge dividers to a page as I want. Each one should be able change the color and size.

Is this a new project or one that you migrated?

Casey

Hey @casey1823, thanks for your fast feedback. I migrated the project from blocs 3 although I got never asked to migrate. It seems like the divider gets overlayed one above the other. So the first one is standard with 100px and black, if I want to change that, the black one stays. Then I change back to none and set a new one. It works for that special bloc now but all others get changed back to black and 100px. Can’t figure out whats going on

My either, do you have content in the Bloc? If the Bloc is empty it might overlap? I’ve migrated and it’s worked fine for me. I just did a quick test and it worked fine.

Take a look.
https://hicontentdesign.com/shape/

casey

I have content in the bloc. Some of the blocs have scroll fx animation, maybe thats the problem?
Your example looks good. I got the same result with the first 3-4 blocs too, but after applying the dividers to other page blocs too it started bugging.

I have experienced this myself as well, even in my new course. I think that happens when I duplicate the blocs, or maybe when there is some class applied to both. I am not sure. Hopefully, this can be fix.

That being said, it wasn’t very big issue for me, as I can just disable the divider, add it back and everything becomes ok.

Hello @Eldar, thanks for your reply. So basically two blocs are connected if the same class is applied by copying them? If I disable divider and it back some other get changed too. Any suggestion?

I don’t know the reason why it’s happening sometimes. That’s just what I think it might be. The only person who can say for sure is @Norm

What can solve this for sure is to get rid of the shape dividers, then use the delete all unused classes feature, and then you will start clean. Not sure if it makes any sense.

Basically, disable dividers on both blocs, then go to Class Manager, click ‘-’, and delete all unused classes. Then go back and add dividers to these blocs.

1 Like

thanks for your help Eldar, I already tried that step. I recorded a short video where you can see exactly what happens. divider 4.mov.zip (2.1 MB)

It tried again by deleting all applied classes, giving every bloc a unique id and setting the divider again. It seemed liked it was working until I added a divider on another page. All prior set dividers change back to black. Not all,only the bottom dividers :hear_no_evil: turned black. the top dividers remained unchanged…
a little bit confusing. I appreciate every help

Dividers contain classes when when you style them classes are created for each one, if you duplicate a bloc, the classes are also carried over in the new dividers.

Look in the layer tree, you can select the divider and see it’s classes.

You will probably find the dividers have the same class name. To avoid, delete the class on the divider, select the parent bloc and try styling again.

Also note you can style divider classes directly in the class editor.

The reason for using classes is it allows you to control dividers on each breakpoint and makes them more flexible.

Hello @Norm thanks for your expertise. However there are no classes applied in the layer tree. In the class manager I can find them. When I add the divider on another page the blocs on the prior page get the dividers added too, as you can see in the attachment. (Can’t delete those) I think its not supposed to do that.

Happy for your help @Norm

EDIT: I have a custom attribute on these blocs, I don’t think it matters but to let you know!

Are these Blocs copy and pasted or duplicated?

It looks like a potential glitch for sure.

To fix it. Go to the Bloc, switch off both dividers and add them again. This should flush the issue. You may need to do this per Bloc until I find the cause.

If you can send me a copy of the project file I can take a look and get the issue patched up in next weeks release.

2 of the blocs are copied.
How to switch of the dividers? I only can toggle view or hide on those. I already deleted them on the right side and added, I tried mostly everything, nothing seems to work :man_facepalming:t3:
I will have you a cooy as soon as I am back to my mac.

Select the parent Bloc of the divider and set each edge to none.

Screenshot 2020-11-28 at 19.57.25

i already did, readded them, did the same on another page and the first set dividers changed back again… so either the migration did not work (got no notification) or something in my project is wrecked :sweat_smile:

It may be the classes. Open the class manager type divider you see any classes?

I see a lot of classes, every bloc gets one when added but I can’t see the additionally added classes (the ones by fault when adding dividers on other pages). It seems they interact in some way…

The class manager has a search feature are there any with the word divider in them?

Yes, like I said there is a class (blocs-divider-b or t-id) for every divider added. But not for the wrong ones