Blocs 2022 - What would you like to see added next?

Another on my wish list would be automatic creation of responsive images in the image bric. For example: drop in a 3x image and blocs would create 1x, 2x versions automatically.

Compression might be a more complicated thought process though, could be easier to bulk compress in imgoptim after export.

13 Likes

Another great idea :+1:

4 Likes

Online store build integration

1 Like

I hope it doesn’t sound strange or rude, but the (discontinued) Adobe MUSE did some things very nicely that would be great to have for new Blocs users as well as experienced Blocs users.
Maybe Norm could have a closer look at Muse?
for example:

please, please:

• „Master“ templates (templates for different pages in one project)

• ability to transfer such Master templates to OTHER projects

• extra PLAN VIEW for more complicated (big) projects
    (you can see a plan that is more horizontally or more vertically structured)

(I just did a very quick search: have a look at ca. min 5 for the plan view:

• the responsiveness of images, meaning that on mobile devices actually only a small image in DATA SIZE will be loaded.
    In Muse you would NOT need to throw in different image sizes of the same image but Muse would do the compression for the different devices itself.
    I have no idea how difficult it would be to implement that in Blocs, but it was possible in Muse.
    Responsiveness was already wished above.

• and some other features…

I really think Muse solved some things very nicely and would love to see Blocs have those features that make things easier… :smiley: :pray:

7 Likes

Add a robots.txt file (so when you update your website, you can easily swap the files. (More than once I erased the robots.txt file and forgot to upload it separately)

1 Like

That might become complex since not all robots files are straightforward and have various rules in place. I think it would require a section where you stipulate exactly what should be included with the robots.txt file.

3 Likes

Open multiple proyects.

6 Likes

@Ms_Sun , another thing Muse did with the pictures is that you could crop the same picture differently for different breakpoints and it would output the 3/4/5 or however many versions needed

4 Likes

What about Bootstrap Icons? :grinning:

4 Likes

Hi Norm,

Loving Blocs.
Would love to have traffic monitoring included. Don’t know if it’s possible.
Tried google analytics and even though it’s great, it would be amazing if Blocs could support traffic monitoring. Maybe a standalone addition to the Blocs app. Call it “Blocs Traffic”.
Dunno, just thinking out loud.

1 Like
  • css option: object-fit: cover
  • classes and brics can use the swatches
  • easy color overlay for images
  • css code field for the class manager and/or sidewide
3 Likes

1 & 3 are already possible with Blocs 4.

I agree a css code area in the class manager would be awesome. I’ve suggested this a while myself now. Be an excellent plus feature. Especially with media queries based on breakpoints.

3 Likes

More natural Bootstrap support on the canvas.

eg. Adding the disabled attribute to a button can cause the button to behave very weird on the canvas, and be un selectable.

• Form Floating
  • Button Groups
  • Transitions

• Would like to see an option to place a video without it tying to an aspect ratio and without having to code it. Have spent hours on this and can’t get it to work.

• An option to have more versatile menus without having to code them.

• An option to have a page visited link to have a specific color. Currently it seems to only work on the home page.

• More out of the box layout options for hero’s, forms, footers, sliders, galleries, overlay image/videos…

• More options for transitions/animations

2 Likes

I would love to see some sort of responsive table block.

5 Likes

A client just had this delivered, but I think it should come with Blocs by default. Maybe as a plus feature.

11 Likes

That’s proper “plus” feature! Nom Nom @Norm? :yum: :yum:

1 Like

Can you ship me a slice?

Two for me please :cake: :coffee: