Blocs 2022 - What would you like to see added next?

Well, drat! But the feature request stands because linking to tabbed content is important, whether it be in BS4 or BS5.

Here’s a sample page from my site:

Scroll to the bottom and look at Note #10. Click on the “UPS-47” link and note how it takes you up the page and opens the appropriate tab! The problem now though is that it takes you to the very top of that tab, so when you are on mobile, you see the topmost content of that tab, instead of the UPS-47 which is a bit lower down within the tab.

See Note #5 on that same page and click “318-16.” It takes you to the correct tab and opens the tab, which is wonderful, but you have to scroll down past two products before you can find the 318-16.

All said, we need the ability, in BS4 and BS5, to click a link that will (1) take us to the correct tab, (2) open the tab, and (3) scroll to anchored content within the tab. That is the feature request.

Thanks!

James

We need an “Anchor” function.

Rich the Weather Guy

Adding a link, which scrolls to a target on the same page? :thinking:

6 Likes

Sounds like the dark arts @Jannis :rofl:

2 Likes

Ability to import html code and create a functioning bloc out of it.
Additional blocs.

2 Likes

That is sort of my request, at least, as it pertains to linking to specific sections of tabbed content.

Seriously, I am shocked that no one else seems interested in linking to tabs and tabbed content.

Am I alone using tabs in Blocs? If not, I assume you folks are simply not linking to tabs, not because you don’t want to, but because you can’t. Hence, my feature request would benefit you too! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In Dreamweaver you drop a named anchor wherever you want it on your page.
The icon even looks like an anchor.
That becomes a scroll point for a link.
Hit the link and the page scrolls to that anchor point, no matter where it is on the page.

Rich the weather guy

1 Like

Don’t we have this already? Scroll to Bloc?

Tabs aren’t a good way to display content.

… mutes this thread …

2 Likes

Thats why I deleted my comment :innocent:

Carry on everyone… Norm wants to hear what we would like to see.

Indeed. Which is why I’ve repeated the important refrain…

Tabs indeed ARE a good way to display content! :slight_smile:

Merry Christmas, friends! :christmas_tree:

Right click on an images to open in finder or to modify in Photoshop or others…

And what about a real copy and paste: for example I copy a bloc or a bric in a page and I paste on another. It’s better than duplicate and more efficient.

And an ftp integration to avoid to use Transmit or Cyberduck…

Yes InStacks…we have scroll to a bloc, but that only takes you to the top of the Bloc.
With a named anchor, you could scroll to a point inside the Bloc. Useful if you have lots of content in a single Bloc and you want to pinpoint exactly where you want that link to end up.
Hope I am explaining this clearly?

Rich the Weather Guy

1 Like

You can do this already. Just not between projects.

Select a Bloc use keyboard shortcut command+c to copy and command+v to paste. Works with Brics too. Blocs v4 introduced this last year.

It’s not limited to Blocs, just give the target element an ID and scroll to that.

It’s also possible to create classic anchor links with the url interaction. Here’s how to link to an element on another page.

2 Likes

You can do this already with projects that don’t have embedded assets.

Ideally I’d like to see an updated carousel bric which takes advantage of lazy loading and responsive images.

Also to have and option to remove unused css & js before export would be most useful.

4 Likes

Oups ! I didn’t saw that.
Thank you norm and Merry Christmas.

1 Like

Saw that Norm…watched that just the other day.

Thank you…

Rich the Weather Guy

The option to put a link to a modal in the Menu Manager.

4 Likes

To have % as a border-radius option.

4 Likes