Blocs 2023 - Feature Wishlist

I would like an option to copy specific settings within classes, so they can be applied to other classes for efficiency and consistency.

5 Likes

I would like an easy means to identify a bric version on the editing canvas, either by right clicking when selected or simply shown in the side panel. I would also suggest it would be helpful if developers identify current bric versions on the relevant pages of their websites.

Being able to place a picture, then crop to size within blocs.

A bit like Muse - and DTP apps, if you place a picture into a picture box, the box then behaves like a mask, so you can resize the picture within it so it crops edges etc., but the box dimensions remains the same.

This was a huge plus point in Muse for me.

2 Likes

I think if we introduce masking ( from my post above) then this can be done like this

Redo / Undo History List Dropdown

Hey, @Norm. It would be incredibly useful to have a feature that allows users to preselect their preferred fonts when starting a new project. This would ease the typesetting menu, displaying only the chosen fonts and eliminating the need for excessive scrolling. This feature would be particularly handy for those (like me :grin:) with a large number of installed fonts, or when the desired font begins with a lower alphabet letter.

9 Likes

+1

It’s been mentioned a few times before, I really like the idea.

2 Likes

In addition to that, with one click the possibility to completely remove hosted Google fonts from the project.

5 Likes

Or even just the option to resize the window to a deeper format to cut back on scrolling would be a start.

I would like to see a sort of configuration file that could be added or ideally created and saved as a Bric, that would contain all settings for typography (fonts, text sizes, etc.), buttons and var colours, that you could add to all new projects in one operation.

This would ideally act as the global project settings so that altering a setting in this Settings Bric would apply to all pages.

Best place for this, Project Settings under typography?.

I know @Flashman mentioned this exact feature during the testing of Blocs V5. I think at the time we discussed it going into project settings.

2 Likes

That would make sense to me to have in project settings.

I would also love to see the use of user text macros so that users could setup a macro that could be used throughout a project.

In it’s simplest form, an example of a macro could be an address that appears throughout a procect that may need to change over time. With such a macro feature, you could edit the macro, then publish and every instance of that address would be updated. Obviously this would be a big time saver in large multi page projects. In a shopping site a macro could be used for a standard delivery charge, or a contact email address, etc…

In a perfect world there would be plent of these macros, say 100 - macro1, macro2, etc. To use such a macro you would use something like:

Standard Delivery Charge $macro1$

could be used wherever text is used.

@Norm Following the same logic, perhaps something similar could be introduced for available SMTP mail servers when making a selection with forms. If you run a lot of websites you could end up with dozens of listed servers and choose the wrong one in error. The ability to isolate these in settings at the start of a project, so that only specified servers are available to the open project would be a useful safety feature.

4 Likes

An option to add anchor text to a URL would be sweet.

Something like this: :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

@Norm Transform (:robot: ers) options would be cool too.

5 Likes

There is probably a work around for this, but I’d like to see a navigation bloc with a logo in the centre and split menu either side.

Pretty sure you can make this now manually.

1 Like

You credit me with too much ‘know how’ :grinning:

If not mistaken @PeteSharp did a video for this a while ago.

Instant edit. Here you go:

1 Like