Blocs 4.1 Beta Build 5

Re: the layer visibility icon issue. I should probably provide some additional details: I’m using a 4K screen connected to a Mac M1 running the latest version of macOS Big Sur 11.2 so I’m not sure if that would play a part, but always worth mentioning.

I imagine coding an app for MacOS would be troublesome given the many iterations and potential screen resolutions users could have. Out of curiosity, since you are unable to reproduce the issue - what’s your set up?

Re: the font family default - I only mentioned that because as a new user, it was awfully confusing thinking that I needed to change the font for every class that I created/updated/changed. Typically all other fields show “blank” and or “none” as an option if they are not applicable. In this case, Helvetica is explicitly specified and so for the first few hours of using the app I kept changing this for every class I was building.

It’s possible, it could be an issue that only appears in the latest OS and/or hardware. Someone else would have to verify this for you as I’m using a older Mac Pro running High Sierra (10.13.6).

Hi @universe, I’m running the latest Big Sur as well but can’t replicate the issue (for now) on my M1 Mini. I’m using the same scaled resolution as you do. I’ll keep an eye on it if it occurs randomly.

1 Like

Thanks for checking @Jerry.
Here’s a screen recording of the bug happening in b5 on a brand new project… Try reproducing this and see what happens at your end?

I’ve re-upped to imgur instead.

1 Like

Something got lost in space :space_invader: :ringer_planet:

1 Like

Haha, cheers I’ve fixed the upload! It should work now. :smiley:

When following your steps it behaves correctIy. I can’t replicate. I’m off now. Will try later this PM again.

1 Like

It’s a typo

1 Like

Odd. No typo in my version of Blocs :no_mouth:

Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 14.20.49

Yes a few changes going on in the background, this only effected the latest beta.

Oh yes, of course. Totally ignored the topic :wink:

It seems that no one offered you detailed answers to your 2 questions. I will now change that.

First, I use QuickTime Player in MacOS High Sierra to make screen recordings via File > New Screen Recoding. After choosing that, you need to click the little down arrow to the right of the record button and make sure your options are set as you want them. Then click Record and you can then choose whether to record the entire screen or drag to record one part of your screen. What I like to do is use SwitchResX to change my the display resolution on my 5K iMac to 1080p, then record the full screen, and then I upload to YouTube as an UNLISTED video and post the link here. Then it plays back nicely at 1080p.

Honestly, it would be great if we had our own private server to share videos on, but since we don’t have that, and since most of my free Cloud services like Dropbox are nearly full, YouTube is my only reasonable recourse for sharing videos. Just make sure you have your video settings set to be UNLISTED, not Private, not Public. I strongly suggest making UNLISTED the DEFAULT for all new YouTube videos.

Best,

James

1 Like

Thank you James for for responding and making it clear.
What I did was capture the screen. Optimized ans sized the video. Uploaded it to YT. Shared the link. What a time consuming amount of work.

Agreed. Which is why I wish there was an easier way than being forced to use YouTube. Folks with the money to pay for Cloud services will say “it is easy,” but when you’re not able to afford those services, you have to stick with that is free. I prefer YouTube because it automatically changes the video resolution in accordance with the device, which is nice. If you just upload a MOV file somewhere, that resolution switching probably won’t happen.

Anyway, glad to see you got it sorted.

Hey team, can someone else verify whether they get this anomaly on b5?

In the class editor, under the filters tab, when you add a single filter the right side is cut off. If you add more than 4 filters, it introduces scroll bars and stops at 4. Screen shot below:

Please be kind because I’m new here: is this class I’ve built (.ww-helpsubitem a) to help target the background and hover text colour of drop down menu items (list items) supposed to appear under classes as an available class? The class lookup system can’t seem to see the classes with spaces in them. Bug or feature? :sweat_smile:

You can’t add classes with spaces to an element. Classes with spaces in work different as they are technically multiple classes being combined to create a selector of the last class in the sequence.

1 Like

Cool, thanks for the heads up Norm.

Would you have any suggestions on how best to target the Link text?

The List Item (even when locked) allows you to configure classes. So, on hover I can make the background change colour as shown below. However, the Link Item (also locked) does not allow you to add any classes, so it isn’t possible to override the colour of the link text to match the background of the parent list item on hover. In this case, I want the colour of the text to be white on hover.

I’m sure it is something obvious I’m missing? Any pointers appreciated. I realise this has gone a bit off topic, so feel free to split this off into its own forum topic.

Hi @universe, I’m not at my Mac with Blocs at the moment (and I’m new to this classes malarkey also, so my memory fails), but I believe the class you need to set up and change colours, backgrounds etc is
nav-link
and change your hover there.

1 Like

Drop down items would be

.dropdown-item

@TrevReav is correct for the top level menu

.nav-link

If you want the top level and drop menu items to be all the same, you can use just one class (preserve spaces)

.navbar-nav li a

1 Like