Blocs 4.2 is Here 🥳

After 6 weeks of testing, Blocs 4.2 has now been officially released. Ideally we wanted to release this version of Blocs with the public release of Bootstrap 5 (rather than a beta), however we can’t wait forever and Bootstrap could be another month or too yet.

But remember Bootstrap 5 is still in beta (3) so we don’t recommend it for production sites.

We have created a little promo video to celebrate and show off Blocs V4.2.

I wrote a little blog post about Blocs V4.2, which you can check out here.

Here are some helpful knowledge base posts.
• Migrate from Bootstrap 4 to Bootstrap 5.
• How to customize application language.

Finally you can view the full change log and download Blocs 4.2 here.

23 Likes

Wow!! What a great day, congratulations Norm!

2 Likes

Great timing! Was just about to do some bug fixing on a few sites.

1 Like

Very happy that I decided to join the Blocs Community!
Please keep those updates coming…

Rich

2 Likes

Hip hip hooray! :beers: One thing we know for sure is that Norm has tirelessly worked on this version. And so many that knows Blocs inside and out have helped with getting 4.2 released. Thank you all for making this happen. Blocs Is not only the best but it’s getting better.

Re: 4.3 Am I the only one that is requesting that the image assets have some type of zoom? Much like the Mac OS has that.

3 Likes

Congrats @Norm is there a way to select the language?

Checkout the knowledge base post links in original post.

1 Like

Great stuff… Well done. Hope to see more animation features on next updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations Norm,
best update ever!
Greetings from Austria, Thomas

PS.: Have passed the update to ifun.de, whether the languages. Maybe they find it interesting.

PPS.: For the official advertising-video … it’s “Deutsch”, not “Deutsch"e”.

“Germans” is plural, so many Germans … correct is “German”, as a language.

—————

ifun.de found it interesting again :slight_smile:
Nice article, I think.
Of course, the professionals grumble in the comments.
Thomas

2 Likes

Thanks

Yeah we are guna get that fixed up! :relaxed:

2 Likes

Danke, ihr macht einen tollen Job! :wink:

2 Likes

HI Norm just wanted to congratulate you on a job well done
but I need to tell you that the final version of 4.2 freezes up after 15 min or so
I find that build 9 is more stable and does not frees after being idle.
please look in to that and great job all around.

cheers

1 Like

Oh no, sorry about that!

No code has changed between these builds so I would suggest re-downloading and installing v4.2 directly.

@Norm Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Congrats! :fist_right: :fist_left:

1 Like

If I set a custom class to change colour on links during hover it works normally in BS4. In BS5 it also works normally, unless the link is set to open in a new tab at which point there is no colour change. It’s a bit puzzling and not always apparent in Blocs but present on the published page. I’ll experiment some more.

1 Like

Use the inspect function, it may be something in Bootstrap preventing it.

OK I’ll look at it again. I am seeing something strange with the scroll up button. On an iPhone it needs to be clicked twice before it works. On Android it is really slow and judders for a few seconds, then kicks in normally. This is with BS5, however it seems to be fine on my desktop.

As a design professional, I immediately felt a sense of freedom when I started using Blocs and now; I actually enjoy using it. Challenges and troubleshooting is so much fun because you get to learn so much more in the process. A big thanks to all the members of the community for being so kind and helpful. Eldar and Pete, thanks for bailing me out on several occasions.

Congratulations Norm and keep up the good (innovative) work!

5 Likes

Just updated…Many links broken…Accordions don’t work…HELP!!!