Blocs 4.2 New Features - Poll

Import HTML files to make it “blocsable” !

3 Likes

I know it’s probably way in the future but it would be nice if when we open the image asset manager that we would see larger images. Maybe even a slide scale to make them smaller or larger.

2 Likes

Preload Key Requests – Preload key requests - Chrome Developers

I voted for combining JS, but there’s a catch. this needs to be granular. I can easily see it being the thing that keeps me up at night. :wink:

6 Likes

I guess it would be nice to amplify forms and make something like background CRM. A lot of people are asking to make step-by-step forms, but in this case you have to choose Tilda or Webflow to develop their landings.

2 Likes

PLEASE ADD THE ABILITY TO WRAP DIVS INTO DIVS (aka BLOCS INTO BLOCS)!

It’s really important for JS!!! :sob: :pray:t2: :pray:t2:

You can wrap divs into divs as long as they are within a column. I’ll consider adding support further up the chain, however, it has huge potential to break layouts.

Add the the ability to control any element’s (text, image, video, card, carousel… ) style `.object-*

1 Like

This should not be close :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rofl:

1 Like

Why did you write that Whittfield?

It’s just a fun poke at the competition. All in fun.

In the Poll above Bootstrap 5 (not even official) is “neck and neck” with a rather significant enhancement. Performance should rightfully take the crown, and I don’t generally make such bold statements, I typically leave room… but in this case it’s just not even close :smile:

Of course this is my opinion, professional or not it’s still just an opinion (which is why I laugh).

3 Likes

That makes sense now.

1 Like

What are your thought regarding my request?
Add the the ability to control any element’s (text, image, video, card, carousel… ) style `.object-*

Sorry, I don’t really understand what it’s asking.

I suggest posting that separately where maybe it can be explained and you can gain support for the idea. It’s going to get lost in this thread because this is specifically about Norm’s poll request. Generally when a dev puts out a poll like that, she or he is prepared to perform one of those specific tasks for any number of reasons.

You just want to make sure it’s on the radar and that conversation can be had, but it’s not going to replace anything in the poll. Start a new thread and try and get some support for the idea. Once it’s explained well you can tag Norm and get some feedback.

Hope that helps.

I replied to you in a PM.

I’m right with you on this, performance all the way. Blocs is already really quick but anything Norm and his team can do to squeeze out more speed, the better :+1:

1 Like

More of wordpress elements please!!!

3 Likes

Hi @thienandoanta,

Welcome to the Blocs Forum! Don’t be afraid to ask questions, no matter how simple… my experience is that you will always receive help.

Hi @Pikous,

I had thought I’d like to see HTML import too, for the convenience of converting a batch of older HTML sites quickly into Blocs but I’m guessing that once you have imported any existing sites and effectively converted them to Blocs, this feature would likely not be used a lot!

I’m also guessing that, as many other apps produce many varieties of not necessarily strict HTML coding, the work involved in even coming close to achieving this could be a lot more bother than it’s worth.

With a batch of only about a dozen HTML sites which I’d want to convert myself, I actually think I would learn a lot more about Blocs by re-doing each from scratch!

2 Likes

Hi,

as a photographer I would very much welcome some new features for Galleries, Lightboxes and Carousels… I do understand that this may be not a priority for many of you but I do still believe that its time for some updated solutions (even better if they can be included in the Wordpress Themes, avoiding like this to look any further for third parties Plug-ins)… [Hope I was able to be clear enough with my english :wink: ]

5 Likes