Blocs 4.4 is here!

Today we are extremely excited to introduce Blocs 4.4, an amazing update with many new features we know are going to make building amazing websites and Wordpress themes with Blocs easier than ever!

We created a little promo video to show off some of the new features that are packed into Blocs 4.4!

We also published a dedicated blog post for this release, which you can checkout here.

Special thanks to all of the community members who helped to test and prepare Blocs 4.4 for its official release. :handshake: :beers:

The Blocs 4.4 update is free to all Blocs 4 users , you can read all about updating here. If you’re still using Blocs 3, grab your upgrade discount and start building better websites with Blocs 4 today .

22 Likes

Another brilliant release @Norm. Thank you so much. Can’t wait to put all of the new stuff in production.

1 Like

WOW…lots in there! Going to have to watch that again…

Rich

1 Like

Great work, @Norm! These feature videos are amazing!

2 Likes

I’ve just had that save error again for the 6th time and the project is no longer in iCloud. Is there anything I can do to help track this down? I have just created a Blocs Status Report before saving.

1 Like

I’m expecting to have the first beta of 4.4.1 out later this week with the new Paddle API stuff in plus some other bits held off for the next build.

I would note down what you are editing when this happens, and potentially any changes happening outside of Blocs, if you have files being synced with servers etc.

Also create the report the moment the error occurs, and send me that. It’s worth noting down that once you restart Blocs the reports are less useful.

I was just editing some paragraph text and when I went to save, up popped the window to save the project file with a new name. It’s not possible to move on with the project without saving a new project file or potentially going over the old one, which seems risky.

I had been saving the same way every few minutes over the last couple of days without issue, but every once in a while it throws up this odd behaviour.

I am not using DropBox and Backblaze last updated nearly an hour before. Brave was open with Youtube, though nothing was playing. I was essentially just working in Blocs. Sent you the report via PM before saving or restarting. The video shows what happens in practice.

1 Like

Thanks hopefully I can track it down from here.

This is so cool, thank you.
@Norm do you have a link showing the updates, added features and fixes from the last beta?

the release notes: Blocs Website Builder - Release Notes

1 Like

@Norm I made a post about typeface not displaying fonts and up to date, no response or fix to the issue.

I have updated 4.4 and the problem still remains. Fonts are not displaying!

Did you check your installed Google fonts for errors?

There are no errors. It just does not list and display google fonts. it only display two local fonts in the interface and also the same with custom class interface.

Remove any fonts you have recently installed with the Font Manager, local or Google.

Have you opened the Font Manager and checked each Google font for odd characters in the font name displayed?

Everything looks okay on font manager. I have removed the local fonts.Still does not display any other fonts.

How many Google fonts do you have installed?

I count 40 google fonts in the font manager.

Shut down Blocs.

If you head to

/Application Support/Blocs 4/data/

And rename the file fonts.dat to fonts-1.dat

Restart Blocs

This will flushed installed fonts

video recording of it.