Blocs 4.5 is here 🎉

I think (and I may be wrong), that you could just rename your Blocs app to Blocs411 or whatever, and have Blocs 4.5 also and they both work, albeit not at the same time.
I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

So I’d have to download the 4.5 app as opposed to go through the upgrade process, is that right?
Also, I will probably have to reinstall brics but that is not a problem. I would not need to run both versions at the same time, keeping version 4.1.1 and backups of all my files would just be a precaution.

Just rename your existing Blocs app to something like Blocs-old or whatever you like. Download the app fresh rather than as an upgrade and install in your applications folder. I very much doubt you will have any problems at all like that. Blocs has had many positive changes since 4.1.1. Your current brics are maintained and should appear in 4.5. I have Blocs 3 and 4.5 installed, plus betas usually.

Having a backup of files is always wise. I sometimes save new versions of projects as something like newclient-blocs-4.5-bs5

1 Like

Thank you @Flashman for your informative and detailed response. You’ve definitely encouraged me to give it a try :grinning:

Some of you may not have seen there is an update to 4.5.1 with a critical fix for forms on some servers when using PHP 8. Simply upload the site again using 4.5.1.

https://twitter.com/blocsapp/status/1524331574422122496?s=21&t=sfYIENwCTPijmKR5zZ4hpw

There’s something interesting going on in Safari.
I’ve applied a display flex class to a DIV container. All works as it should in Firefox and the applied class is showing up in the side inspector:

However, in Safari the class shows up on the elements but not in the side inspector and is not applied:

Not sure if this is a Blocs issue though.

Hey, @Norm.
I’ve duplicated an item set to ‘exclude from export’. Although it shows it’s included in export it is not showing up in preview.

It looks like it is not duplicating the red icon as the item remains set to ‘exclude from export’

1 Like

Is this happening with 4.5.1 also?

Hey, @Norm. Will there be in the near future a way to set a different colour for each border Edge?

To create a little corner triangle would then be an easy task:

Instead of doing it manually:

.card::before {
	border: 20px solid transparent;
	border-top: 20px solid #630A63;
	border-right: 20px solid #630A63;
}

You can target edges in the current border controls, is assigning the colours the issue?

Yes. It would be awesome if this could be set separately as well.

1 Like

Hey, @Norm. Blocs is about to give me a nervous breakdown at the moment. I applied some fancy padding to a DIV and all works smoothly on LG, MD and XS. However, on SM it messes up even though in the inspector it shows up correctly.
2022-06-05_19-33-17 (2)

This forum constantly redirecting to https://blocsforum.discoursehosting.net rather than the correct https://forum.blocsapp.com/ is going to give me a nervous breakdown, because none of the images show correctly. It seems to be like this 80% of the time in recent weeks. At time of writing, Jerry’s images are just not visible and only show a missing image icon.

I think @Norm has outsourced the headache of hosting the forum on his own server. Sorry to hear you can’t watch my fancy GIF :grinning:. I’m on Panadol now and of to bed. Thank you Blocs :grinning: :thinking: :pill: :pill:

Yeah this forum has always been outsourced. It’s working fine for me, but it’s likely a CDN issue caused by the provider updating the server software.

Regarding the css issue, do you have a version running on a server I can access?

I’ll upload it tomorrow first thing and forward you the link. Off to bed now after a few Sunday :beers: under the :coconut: :palm_tree: :smiley:

2 Likes

I may have just fixed this at my end. I use Cloudflare DNS in my router, so after reading your comments I tried their purge tool at:

Select the AAAA record and purge, then wait a few seconds before clearing the browser cache as well. For the first time in ages it loaded the correct address, rather than redirecting to discourse hosting and I can actually see images again.

This would likely have affected anybody using Cloudflare DNS. If so it may well be fixed now I have cleared their cache for the forum.

EDIT: Sadly it didn’t last. It was messed up again at the next visit.

Running this command in the terminal, then clearing the browser cache seems to have fixed it for the moment:

sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder; sleep 2; echo macOS DNS Cache Reset | say

Hi, @Norm. It took me 24 hrs but I found the padding issue. As most of the time, the problem sits behind the screen! :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I am not sure that is true. I sit in front of the screen.

1 Like

:rofl: I wish I had done the same!

1 Like