Blocs 5.0.1 Released

Did you upload all the new resources after export?

Missing assets on a live site can often mean you didn’t upload all files.

If your running MacOS Catalina, I don’t think Safari supports WebP on that version of MacOS

3 Likes

I am running Big Sur. Is there any reason not to use WebP? Under what circumstances would I disable WebP in the “project Settings”?

Yes. Users who have systems that don’t display webP images will not be able to see your images.

It isn’t about you, it is all about them.

I see no normal reason to disable webP.

Yes, I know it’s not for me. It’s always for others. The only website I make that I make so another person can see it. Sorry I used “i.” I was just wondering why you could disable WebP. And I thought I understood that if someone then uses a browser that can’t display/support WebP it then falls back to your .jpg. Have a nice day and thanks for your reply

It will only fallback to jpg if the website is configured to do so correctly which is what Blocs 5 does unless you disable webP.

There are valid reasons for not wanting Blocs 5 to generate webP images and the additional required code such as:

1. You may be using a htaccess method to serve images

2. You may be using an online image serving service that generates all images in different sizes and versions.

3. You may want individual image control of the image optimisation.

As a time saving automated service, the Blocs 5 image system is very good.

1 Like

There seems to be various problems and inconsistencies in access rights between Monterey and third-party software, but I feel that Ventura is smartly solving these various problems. I have not verified the operation, so it is only a reference opinion, but I realized that many problems of Monterey caused by access rights in other apps have been solved.

Color Not selected

macOS : Ventura 13.0.1
iMac M1_24 inch

Blocs V5.0.1 Color … Not selected

Site just crashes on load?
So I went back to version 4.5, spent time (most of the morning) bringing that version up to my website version 5.
Updated to 5.01.
Saved everything…Now both versions of Blocs crash when I try and load this site???

I am beyond frustration…

Rich the Weather Guy

Hi @WeatherguyNH. As mentioned a few times now your file is corrupt and it’s size (2.3GB) is beyond any reasonable file size. There’s no reason to keep complaining while you know the reason of it. I’ve forwarded your file to @Norm and I’m sure he will have a look when time to focus on your issue. Either be patient or rebuild (and have your assets hosted). :pray:

Jerry:

if I had been completely unable to update my site and keep it going while I transition my files remotely, you would not have heard a peep from me. Suddenly, NOTHING works. Not Blocs 5.1, not Bloc 4.5…Nothing?
So that is the issue today. This morning I was able to reaches my fsite in Blocs 4.5…this afternoon on re-launch nothing works?
If it worked this morning, I would think it would work this afternoon. No?

Thanks

Rich

Check MacOS system prefs, Blocs needs permission to record screen.

1 Like

Colour picker Issue. Blocsapp V5.0.1

I’m unable to select a colour picker and apply it to text.

I can’t select any colour with the colour picker.

By the way, I submitted a ticket to Cazoobi Support yesterday and have yet to get a response.

@zeebaf please check you have given Blocs permission to screen record (System Prefs), which is required for the picker tool to work.

I decided to look at a couple of my recently updated Blocs 5.0.1 sites on Safari using MacOS 10.14.6 (Intel Mac Pro). They previously looked fine on Safari using MacOS 13.0.1 (M1 Mac mini). But on the older 10.14.6, some of the background and parallax graphics were missing, I updated the sites again using Blocs 5.0.1, but turned off using webp images in project settings. After doing this, the backgrounds + parallax images on 10.14.6 (as well as on 13.0.1) showed up OK.

Just wanted to mention this to Norm and others for additional investigation.

Thx.

pruthe

Yes, and the blocsapp colour picker does not work, and I can’t even apply colour to the page body, column, text, and so on.

What version OS are you running?

macOS Monterey v 12

Ok It seems the problem fixed

I uninstalled Blocsapp (via AppDelete), which was installed over version 4, then I installed Blocs v5.0.1, and it seems to be working fine now.

1 Like

Great. You can rename blocs 4 to Blocs-4 if you wanted to keep both installed.

2 Likes