Blocs 5.01 Beta Build 1 👀

On the first day of Christmas, Cazoobi gave to me…

:confetti_ball: :tada: Blocs 5.0.1 Beta Build 1 :tada: :confetti_ball:

Since we launched Blocs 5 a week ago today, we have been hard at work fixing bits ‘n’ pieces that didn’t work well for some of you. We have also added a few new features and improvements to help with publishing and license management :sweat_smile:

License-Management-Gate
For some, the changes in Blocs 5 licensing caused a real stir. With this in mind, we have given the license management UX, in Blocs 5, a few improvements.

One of the main issues that was brought up was the deactivation of the previous Mac on the go. Well, this is no longer an issue.

How it works
When you launch Blocs 5 on another Mac, you will be asked for your license number. If you only have 1, you can simply input your license number and Blocs will automatically deactivate Blocs on the previous Mac for you and activate the current Mac.

That’s it, done. So all you need is your license number saved on the Mac, which you should have anyway, as you can’t have enough backups of your software license numbers.

We know this news will please many of you. However, we also know, we can’t please everyone.

But hey that’s life. :v:

Don’t forget to hard-reload the page to clear cache :nerd_face:

Download Blocs 5.0.1 - Beta Build 1

19 Likes

Nice one @Norm ! Good idea that ! - it’s a perfect solution.

Can I ask one question, will this work across more than 1 mac now? I will only need this on possibly 2, my MacBook pro when working away or in the lounge while watching TV! and when im working properly on say an iMac. But say if some people have 2 x MacBook Pro’s and a iMac in an office - would this work on all 3?

You could enter your license number into a 100 different Macs one after the other, every time it activates one, it deactivates the previous one. I hope that helps.

8 Likes

So just being the devils advocate with this thought. If someone is using a pirated copy with my serial number does it deactivate me and allow them to run? The other method seemed more secure but less convenient. I know, can’t please everyone. :joy:

Treat your serial number the same way as a password I guess - and if you feel of any illegal activity then notify @Norm and he will bloc(k)! that one and get you a new one.

If this became a problem, you would just contact us and we will exchange it and terminate the old one. I would imagine this would be extremely rare.

1 Like

@Monark @Norm A hacker once stole my Microsoft Office license key.
I told him, “I’ll find you, and you’ll pay for what you’ve done. You have my Word.” :rofl::rofl:

Just kidding, but great new feature.

Think of the hassle you put users through, when they have to input username and password twice daily.
Once when users start the day working on the Mac in the office.
The next is when the users continue working back at home or other location on the macbook.
Many have rejected software subscription by other companies. This is just another way of control.

Hey, you asked being able to use the same licenses on different Macs, which was now implemented. It’s very convenient now to switch.

1 Like

How about leaving it the way it was before?

That’s what I REQUESTED for.

If this wont do for the developer, so be it. I move on.

Well, you don’t always get what you ask for.

I do think that @Norm ‘s solution is an elegant one. Deal with it. If that’s too much hassle for you … buy yourself a 2nd license. Otherwise… safe journey :wink:

1 Like

I did say - “If this won’t do for the developer, so be it. I move on.”

Read the whole message.

:rofl:

1 Like

Oh, right. I really should get used to putting my glasses on more often :wink:

Temper temper!

Fantastic news! thanks for listening @Norm! :grinning:

2 Likes

It is more of a HIGHLIGHT rather than an expression of anger.

I wear mine glasses all the time. So that I do not miss or misread anything before replying.

:rofl:

Thank you Norm for all the fixes.

2 Likes

@Norm I have been having trouble aligning Grid content inside a Blocs 5 CSS Grid container (item) using the Flexbox control panel settings.

The issue appears to be that display is set to block instead of Flex. In the example below, contents of a Container Div inside a Grid have been set to vert centre the contents. When previewed, custom-item-container1 display is set to block. Changing display to flex with Inspector, correctly vert centres the contents. Adding the utillity class d-flex to each item container adds the missing display: flex.

Why not use the grid container settings? :thinking: