Blocs 5.1 - Navigation Dropdown Link Changes

From the “Bootstrap Menu?”
I don’t think I know what that is?

Rich the Weather Guy

Just an observation, but several of your issues are self made. You keep persisting to use early beta builds, although many times now on the forum several people have suggested you keep with the stable releases.

If you use the beta’s there will be issues, that’s what they are for, so these issues can be found and fixed.

3 Likes

If you select a bloc, the Bootstrap Theme menu will be in the Bloc settings panel on the right hand side of the screen.

This is new…

Rich the Weather Guy

Yes, this is what the original post is about :rofl: . A new feature in 5.1 to change the nav dropdown links.

2 Likes

I am not fixated on the beta version. I have been working to make the text color work properly in the version before the ‘bootstrap theme’ settings are available. It would be problematic if the colors I set were automatically changed due to the addition of new features. At the very least, there should be a function to bypass that. Whether to use the ‘bootstrap theme’ or not should be up to the user. Moreover, having the ability to freely choose conflicting colors would be good without having to use code, as it would be counterproductive.

@Norm
Instead of putting in code (which isn’t very complicated), why wouldn’t it be possible to define that “Default” retains the settings defined by the site creator (and why not a box next to it to select the colour?), and that Dark and Light operate as defined by bootstrap ?

Dark and light themes / colour modes also visually effect ui elements such as carousels, tabs etc. This functionality is not limited to navigation drop-downs, that’s why there are no colour wells relating to it as it’s not a one size fits all situation.

It’s also worth noting these theme options are off by default.

2 Likes

If it’s off by default, why does it change color on its own? If the function is turned off, there should be no change.

1 Like

If it is turned off, the table colors should appear as they did before.

Because the old behaviour was a bug as explained in the initial post.

2 Likes

Is there any other way to reflect the current text color on V5.1 other than adding the “css” as instructed the other day?

Current color on "b7

I’ve made a few tweaks to the newly introduced bug fix for white on white nav links, which means it’s possible in Blocs V5.1.1 to set dropdown colours within the navigation without code using the class editor. I’ll have the first beta out today with steps on how to implement.

4 Likes

Thank you, I’ll try it when it’s released!

1 Like

I don’t know what changed about “5.11b1”, is there an additional configuration item somewhere? Where is the difference?

It’s explained in the forum post for 5.1.1: Blocs for Mac V5.1.1 Beta Build 1

2 Likes

I tried it, but first I can’t see it in the preview, and I can only set one background color for the submenu. I have changed the background color only on the top of the submenu.

Ok thanks I’ll taker a look. Is text colour working for you on multiple items?

I would like to be able to specify individual text background colors like before, and I understand that “custom classes cannot be used”, but if I specify “custom classes” individually, background colors are specified and reflected individually without any problem. If “Aditional css” can be used to make the text white, and “custom classes” can be used, then it would match my intention.
Also, not being able to use the preview function is a problem!.