Blocs for iPad Beta Feedback

This is fixed and ready for next beta.

1 Like

is it possible to move all tools to the left side? We would gain roughly 5% of screen size.

Not a bad idea…

Rich the Weather Guy

Just bumping this to get any more feedback or issues with the iPad beta.

The beta will be fully open to the public later this week.

@Norm, I reported a few crashes on my iPad Pro 10.5-inch. Not sure if you got those reports through TestFlight

1 Like

I have those, I’ve also tracked down the broken class assets issue too. That’s coming in the next beta.

4 Likes

I have a couple of issues with the beta. For some of my projects the picture assets don’t show on the page. They are there in the asset manager but not showing where they should.

Also I use calibre font but blocs for iPad keeps saying it’s missing. When I navigate to the folder it’s in I cannot select it to install it.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I may send you a DM if I require more info.

Sure no problem.

Update: I managed to get the fonts installed now which is good. But still having issues with the pictures not linking to the project.

Couple of screen shots here

If i tapped on the question mark it pulls up the asset manager, i then need to type in the title of the picture, tap it and it places it. It appears the links are broken until I relink them, but there are so many it would be good to be able to ‘auto’ relink them like a lot of programmes do on the Mac, not sure if thats a possibility on the iPad

1 Like

@Norm im struggling to use the ‘publish’ feature on the iPad. Would appreciate any guidance you can offer.

I get a 505 error, no such file or directory, i think i have the paths all correct but not too sure

Hi Guys,

Any one else had this problem with OneDrive?

John

Strangely enough, I had it with iCloud on an iPad Air 4.
Recently I moved up to an M1 iPad Air 5, and now my project loads?

Rich the Weather Guy

Will automatic custom bric updates work in the iPad version?

1 Like

Not sure yet, we need to speak to the folks at Apple about this.

2 Likes

@Norm - can I just say thank you and @Helen and anyone else for all your work on the iPad and Blocs 5 work. Exciting times!!!
If we ever do a Blocs meet - I for sure will buy you a few beers and chat all things Nintendo too ! haha

6 Likes

i must be missing something as my projects still do not have the images linked when opening on ipad. ive reported, but not heard anything more and its not fixed either. also it isnt clear how to use the built in ftp so whereas i was looking forward to using the ipad, its utterly useless for me sadly at present.

perhaps the finished version will have my things sorted.

It’s still in beta so yeah a lot of improvements still to come on the iPad version.

3 Likes