Blocs for iPad Live Demo

Incase you missed it, we will be doing a live demo of Blocs for iPad today (19/05/22) at 13:00 BST on our YouTube channel.

Live Stream Link

I’ll run through the basic differences between Mac and iPad, show off some of the unique features when working with Blocs on iPad, take questions and also share more info on the Beta testing.

Hope you can join us :smiley:

13 Likes
4 Likes

Great! Can’t wait to see it in action :smiley:

1 Like

4 PM local time, Hmmm…, that would work from under the coconut tree. :grin: :palm_tree: :desert_island:

4 Likes

Is there a time you’re not under the coconut :coconut: tree :palm_tree: :smile:

3 Likes

I reserved a spot for you under the :coconut: :palm_tree: to watch @Norm’s live show! :cocktail:'s are on me!

3 Likes

:airplane: booked :ticket:

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see your piece of art in action, @Norm. Count me in.

1 Like

Yeah…when he’s making cocktails to take back to the coconut tree !

2 Likes

Folks here’s the link to the live stream. We will go live around 13:00 BST (1pm).

Watch Blocs for iPad Live Stream

Speak soon! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

WOW. all I can say. WOW.

Amazing job!

4 Likes

Hats off, for what was shown! :tophat: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I knew Blocs for iPad will be great, but it looks even better than I though it will! Well done Cazoobi team!

5 Likes

What a great presentation - this was top class from the very start and some surprises shown!
FTP is a huge thing for me - and thanks for adding this.

So much better than expected! it blew me away - well done @Norm @Helen and all other team members involved.

Would love to see more of these from the team.

3 Likes

All I can say is WOW. This looks tremendous and I can’t wait to give it a try.

3 Likes

That Norm’s canny Lad!

3 Likes

Norm, I love you way of working, Blocs for the Mac and know for the iPad.
Your keynote today was also TOP.
Thank you for this all!

Can’t wait have the app for iPad :grinning::+1:

3 Likes

Hey, @Norm. Noticed you need a well deserved holiday :palm_tree: :cocktail: :desert_island:. Just bring your iPad and @Helen. I got the coconut tree :palm_tree: :grinning:. Beers are in the fridge for when thirsty around noon :beers:

4 Likes

Thanks again for everyone who tuned in. Here are some of the common and unanswered questions from today.

If you would like to watch the Blocs for iPad demo, it’s now available to watch here.

Questions

Q. Do we know an "Official Release Date”?

A. We don’t have an official release date as yet, this will depend on how the testing phase goes, but we will let you know as soon as we can.

Q. How much will Blocs on iPad cost?

A. We simply do not know how pricing will work at this stage. We are still focused on building the app.

Q. Will custom code run well in this Beta?

A. All code added via the Code Editor or with Code Widgets will run as normal with the acceptation of PHP , which you can’t preview in app but will function correctly when run on a server. However, in app PHP previewing should be possible and we hope to add this during the beta test phase.

Q. Will Blocs on iPad support syncing of the Project Library via iCloud?

A. Yes, when you make a change and save, iCloud will auto sync. However, it will not currently sync your plugins, extensions and fonts……yet.

Q. I have the 2nd generation iPad pro, will this work? or will I need the latest?

A. Blocs will run on any iPad that supports iOS15. However, the newer the iPad the better the performance.

Q. Can you publish to the web straight from the iPad?

A. Yes, Blocs for iPad is the first version of Blocs to support publishing via SFTP and FTP .

Q. Can we edit pictures like in the Mac version?

A. Not in the initial release version. But it’s very likely this will come.

Q. Can I use WordPress on the iPad version?

A. Blocs for iPad does not include Blocs Plus, so Wordpress is not initially supported.

Q. Does the Code Editor support line numbers?

A. Yes, the code editor is almost identical to the Code Editor in Blocs for Mac and supports line numbers, multi-line tabbing etc.

Q. Are keyboard and mouse supported?

A. Yes, Blocs for iPad supports touch, mouse, trackpad and keyboard input.

Q. Will Blocs for iPad work with Volt CMS?

A. The initial test version will not include a way to install Volt CMS or any 3rd party content. However, we plan to introduce support for installing 3rd party Blocs, Brics and Page Templates in the coming weeks/months.

Q. Can existing licenses from Mac be used on Blocs for iPad or will it be a separate purchase?

A. Blocs for iPad will be a seperate product from the Mac version and will only be available on the apple App Store. We are not sure how pricing will work yet.

Q. How do we get to be a Beta tester?

A. You can sign up here.

12 Likes

Very well done today Norm. Thanks for taking the time to explain every button, swipe, and gesture!!!
Looking forward to getting my hands on a version as I’m sure everyone else is as well.

Happy weekend!

Rich the Weather Guy

3 Likes