Blocs V4 is Here šŸ„³

Hi @Norm just wanted to thank you and those involved with such an awesome upgrade. I thought V3 was great, but so far V4 is nothing short of awesome! Well done pal :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thanks! At least we know is on your list! I donā€™t know how complicated is to code this into Blocs but I think most people can agree that itā€™s important for all of us. :blush:

I am very new here, as in, just heard about this the day before Blocs 4 was released. My issue is that I am coming from a different Wordpress development avenue and the learning curve isnā€™t horrible, but I fear as though I am missing a crucial element.

I went to the Blocs Store, downloaded all of the free Cazoobi items and I can only see just a few of them. Iā€™ve gone to the extension manager and I see all of the items listed. I even installed each of them and had it overwrite the files. Am I missing something in terms of getting some of these items to work or seeing where they appear for me to use? From the development page on the Blocs Store, they appear to be for Blocs 3 and havenā€™t been updated since late '19 or early '20.

As an example of one, I cannot figure out how to get Snap Scroll to work. Yet the Business Blocs (mentioned above) all worked fine for me during the initial install. I suppose I am assuming it would work in the sense that I add a bloc or would see settings on the right side of the editor to enable snap scroll, yet everywhere I look I cannot seem to find how to use it. My assumption was that the store page would indicate how to use the item, much like how Wordpress does. Any and all help for a newbie is greatly appreciated. I did attempt to search, but I only encountered articles regarding Blocs 3, not the new Blocs 4.

Hi Sconnie, welcome to our community.

Could you check the url of the knowledge base for me? Because the Blocs 3 knowledge base is still online too, at https://blocs3-help.blocsapp.com/, while the current knowledge base for Blocs 4 now resides on https://help.blocsapp.com/. Just to be sure youā€™re not on the wrong one.

I havenā€™t used the snap scroll bric myself, but perhaps @norm can help point you in the right direction.

I wanted to use captcha. have set the serial key and all stuff but I can not see it in the brics panel! Do we need to buy it from the store in order to work or?
@Norm

Hi @rusmir, hereā€™s your answer. Just download the file and install it.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I missed this somehow :smiley:

2 Likes

Not sure if someone has used this before. But if the form is selfhosted and for ie. you have set all fields as required. You have fill them up with checking recaptcha the form is submitted normally. So basically you dont need to click on captcha So is this a bug or not. Not sure. Keys are set properly.

This is the url where the captcha is embedded.

Yes apologies I missed this in testing :slight_smile:

Fix is coming in 4.0.1. But yeah manually install the brics for now.

1 Like

Dont need to apologise. We all know how it is to release something new. So its ok. The only thing that is bothering me is that the form self and form validator doesnā€™t recognise it. So you can submit the form without checking the captcha.

2 Likes

Are you testing this on a live site?

Yes

Try to send without checking captcha. it submit normally.

1 Like

Ok thanks Iā€™ll check that out.

1 Like

Hi @rusmir, thatā€™s strange. Iā€™m receiving a message when not ticked the re-captcha checkbox on one of my sites.

1 Like

Yes, you will receive the msg if the captcha is not clicked. That the problem :smiley:
If the captcha is not clicked that msg should appear to me too. But it doesnā€™t.

It sends straight forward the email to me.

I have wrapped the re-captcha in a DIV within the form. Iā€™ll remove the div when back behind my desktop later and see if I get the same result.

Edit: I was playing around with it (re-captcha)yesterday to see if thereā€™s a way to ā€œhideā€ the re-captcha from the form. We all love it but its not the coolest designed piece. I tried to put it in a modal but by doing this I got the same issue as you are currently facing. Do you have any pieces of code left within the form which could affect the re-captcha bric?

Nope, No other code is inside the form.
Edit: Cache was the problem. It Pulled constantly my old setting for checkbox. No sure why. But all errors stuff can be seen in the include/error log file.

Captcha is working. I have used V2 and have also V3. I think you can define by creating captcha what kind do you want. either hidden or with images

1 Like

Is it working now??

Yep, Normally i dont allow any cache on my browsers. But somehow it cached in log file an old checkbox. And that was the problem, so i needed for 3 time to re-upload include folder with php files to work. Tested incognito and it works.

1 Like

@Norm - where do you want feedback on this?
Upgraded, but the left hand nav still needs real work for many-page sites. Needs an actual hierarchy, and at the very least, I would have expected to be able to multi-select pages to re-order them. Imagine 100 pages or more, and moving them individually around. :frowning: Actually, itā€™s worse than I thought - nice to moe a page up or down 2-3 slots, but thereā€™s no auto-scroll at hitting the top or bottom of the pane when dragging, so itā€™s literally select a single page, then mouse-scroll through 100 pages. Better make sure to not let go of the mouse button until Blocs shows the move/insertion, or ā€˜you lost it, go find the page and start again.ā€™ Not sane for the 114 pages I have in current site to group pages. :frowning:

Donā€™t have a lot of time to work on the site right now (on work overload), but looking forward to seeing if the ā€˜focus on contentā€™ mode improves hotkey modifiers (e.g. bold hotkey then type, without it converting the entire paragraph to bold), and wanted to check out a few of the other new featuresā€¦

1 Like