Blocs V4 is Here šŸ„³

:rofl: I checked this straight away !!!.. I am sure @Eldar mentioned it on a post the other day and i thought it was a teaser ! but still not, but there is a work around it which works.

Purchased!
As well @Whittfieldā€˜s Black Friday offer.
Thanks to @PeteSharp for great help and @Pealco being around.

3 Likes

Thanks so much! :raised_hands:t5:

Your support and others like you, help ensure that Blocs can continue to grow and more brics can continue to get made.

2 Likes

I was quiet over the Last 12 months.
Nevertheless watching your efforts and style of comunication.
For me you are highly trustable ā€“ Thats why I purchased your Package.

Hope it will serve me in Version 4.

Stay Safe and well :mask::crossed_fingers::+1::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Is it possible to upgrade Blocs 2 to 4 Plus?

Finally download demo, and its working on High Sierra latest update. As I am Nvidia Egpu user for pro post video production, I canā€™t get an ability to upgrade my Os to get 10.14 app requires.

@Norm . So the question is next: if I upgrade to new version, will it work on High Sierra, or the demo version only?

PS. Thank you and your team that you hear our needs, and v4 is really awesome!!!

Will test new demo next week.

1 Like

Looks like it is.
See @Norm upgrading tutoriols.

1 Like

I will stick on high Sierra as well!
Canā€˜ t , efford a new set up right now.
Pitty, but I donā€˜t trust Apple in this State.

1 Like

Today yes it works, but itā€™s officially unsupported by us. So in a year or sooner we may drop support.

:pleading_face:

Thank you for your quick reply!
Will wait for stable version!

The app is really cool!

Unoficially will do the Jobā€¦
For a while :rofl:

1 Like

I think @Norm is being more than fair and pragmatic about support for High Sierra, given that Apple themselves no longer support this OS or provide security updates. For that and other reasons the High Sierra user base is very small now in percentage terms.

If you think forward to next Autumn, Blocs 4 will no doubt support the next OS release, so that will mean Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur and whatever follows. Expecting backward compatibility at that point to High Sierra on such a complex app like Blocs is asking a lot and likely to distract attention from supporting a much greater number of users with more modern OS releases.

2 Likes

Thank you @Norm and Cazoobi Team!
Good luck with the sales! :tada:

1 Like

Nice - but Plus doesnā€™t show ANY Wordpress Brics. If I open e.g. Exampla.bloc they are used, but Iā€™m not able to add any Wordpress brics by myself.

If the Brics are missing from the menu, search the forum for the ā€˜Missing V4 Bricsā€™ thread (sorry, Iā€™m half asleep and canā€™t figure out how to link to the thread in my reply). It explains how to get them and the reCAPTCHA Bric.

1 Like

Apologies, this is a minor error in the migration tool thatā€™s run on the startup of Blocs v4.

Iā€™ve patched it along with a few other early release bugs and will issue 4.0.1 on Monday.

In the meantime you can install the missing Brics manually.

Hi @Norm just wanted to thank you and those involved with such an awesome upgrade. I thought V3 was great, but so far V4 is nothing short of awesome! Well done pal :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thanks! At least we know is on your list! I donā€™t know how complicated is to code this into Blocs but I think most people can agree that itā€™s important for all of us. :blush:

I am very new here, as in, just heard about this the day before Blocs 4 was released. My issue is that I am coming from a different Wordpress development avenue and the learning curve isnā€™t horrible, but I fear as though I am missing a crucial element.

I went to the Blocs Store, downloaded all of the free Cazoobi items and I can only see just a few of them. Iā€™ve gone to the extension manager and I see all of the items listed. I even installed each of them and had it overwrite the files. Am I missing something in terms of getting some of these items to work or seeing where they appear for me to use? From the development page on the Blocs Store, they appear to be for Blocs 3 and havenā€™t been updated since late '19 or early '20.

As an example of one, I cannot figure out how to get Snap Scroll to work. Yet the Business Blocs (mentioned above) all worked fine for me during the initial install. I suppose I am assuming it would work in the sense that I add a bloc or would see settings on the right side of the editor to enable snap scroll, yet everywhere I look I cannot seem to find how to use it. My assumption was that the store page would indicate how to use the item, much like how Wordpress does. Any and all help for a newbie is greatly appreciated. I did attempt to search, but I only encountered articles regarding Blocs 3, not the new Blocs 4.

Hi Sconnie, welcome to our community.

Could you check the url of the knowledge base for me? Because the Blocs 3 knowledge base is still online too, at https://blocs3-help.blocsapp.com/, while the current knowledge base for Blocs 4 now resides on https://help.blocsapp.com/. Just to be sure youā€™re not on the wrong one.

I havenā€™t used the snap scroll bric myself, but perhaps @norm can help point you in the right direction.