Blocs v4 - wish list

I’ve never hosted on Github, so I cannot really give you much insight there. I can’t say I’ve heard of any plans in that area, but Norm should see your request in this thread. Not being familiar with Github for uploads could you export to another location and then extract the files you want?

GitHub pages is the best unlimited free hosting with fastly-CDN

and it is a great solution for static sites

we also use it for code share, collaboration and version control

as I use GitHub as a middle man to automatically push site from private repository to AWS or netlify.

I currently copy exported site files of blocs app from the folder and then paste it to GitHub repository on local folder

if there were a way blocs app can export files to existing repository folder on Mac without replacing whole folder that will save me many hours per week of extra work.

and I believe this is helpful for many blocs users since there is no built in ftp server

they can simply use GitHub desktop app to push the updated files to repository

thanks in advance

Can you confirm this @Norm that no Cookies are actually being loaded UNTIL the click on „OK“ with your Cookie Consent Brick?
That would be so cool… :slight_smile:

That is a really important question, because the cookie consent regulations are getting more and more complicated… :see_no_evil:

Blocs app doesn’t use any cookies by itself.

So the cookie bric isn’t able to prevent other software to install cookies. It’s just a notice.

1 Like

If you use git and a visual git client, you actually see all changes before commit.

Thank you @Jannis for the explanation. :slight_smile:

Do you maybe know if the browser Google Fonts use cookies?
I’m really trying to avoid Google Fonts but ran into tricky questions… Adding LOCAL Fonts instead of browser Google Fonts - tricky questions: speed? SEO? different „historic versions“ of fonts problematic?

Is it enough to have just this notice as a cookie banner when using NO tracking cookies, but only functional cookies? :face_with_monocle:

Screenshot everything… also I wonder if the defendant in this case could have used the “Wayback Machine” to search for Unsplash around the time he downloaded the original image.

You can export to image from within the app - that gives a good full web page image that can be used for proofing. Alternatively, preview in Safari and then export to PDF. This latter option also allows you to create PDF output at different breakpoints.

One thing I’ve always missed, when I open and edit a class in the Class Editor, Blocs should let me use my created colors from the Global Swatches window.

2 Likes

@Ghost I agree 100%. It is a hassle having to copy hex codes inside custom classes on a regular basis.

1 Like

@Flashman Yes, and what also would be great, you only would have to change the color once (in the Global Swatches window) if you want to try different colors for your project.

Yeah thats the hard part, Global swatches are old, from Blocs V1 and they are completely separate from the classes as they pre date them. Pushing changes made in the global swatches to classes would take a bit of work to make it function, and even more to make it work well (perfomance wise).

Maybe something for the future roadmap of Blocs v4 when it ships later this year :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oow so excited, any idea when Norm? Just a hint, go on, you know you want too…

:wink:

I just skimmed through the responses. Did I miss someone mentioning CSS Grid support as an alternative to Bootstrap? :grin: Or will Blocs remain Bootstrap only?

And if I may add one more… I’d love to see adding and editing custom stylesheets improved. Maybe some sort of built in editor, that let us create and edit a css file from within blocs? Needless to say, Bloc should be able to reflect the changes without the need to restart the app.

Ah well, I can dream, can I?

1 Like

1 - Set different languages in one project with best google search practices
2 - more email form capabilities
3 - more bricks like tables, pricing and more predefined bricks, and hero section capabilities like changing the nav when scrolling

Use and configure PHPMailer

• simple CMS to allow users to make basic edit like cahnge text, images
  • more slider, lighbox options
  • FTP publish
1 Like

I wish for Blocs 4…:

• The app to have more options like Photoshop, Ai , well…MUSE…hear me out… I understand that Muse’s code and workflow were a mess, but actually from the designer’s point of view it was pretty good. Really easy to use with tons of options like if were using PS or Ai or inDesign, very design oriented. I like Blocs because is much more robust and also is easy but I think it lacks of more options that can help designers to do beautiful websites without coding. Yes you can do nice looking websites but, IDK maybe there is some limitations with BS 4… is html5 better ? don’t know. What I know is that many times i design the website’s UI as I wanted but it’s not possible for a none coder to do it in a more DESIGN way…hope you know what I mean.

• Also idk…adding more brics and blocs and cool stuff to make cool UIs that would be nice…

I guess in conclusion what I mean is that I wish Blocs to be more DESIGN oriented and add more options to make it more powerful…juust to named a sample: more fonts options…etc…

1 Like