Blocs v4 - wish list

@pruthe There is a problem with this type of carousel. Because it fills the page height, the images are not responsive. The images will get cropped on each side on narrower browser windows or smaller device screens. If you like this sort of effect, just add the code and the js files from the referenced site to your blocs project and it will work.

Hi @hendon52,

Yes, I was aware the images would not be responsive, but it would simplify things greatly for me if I could create the full page image slider list + options in a similar way as the current carousel bric instead of having to insert code Brics. The images I would use should still look acceptable at the different breakpoints.

Thanks for your response. :slight_smile:

pruthe

@Norm an item slider would be great on blocs 4.

2 Likes

100% - sliders are such an easy thing to do and is standard everywhere, I would be surprised if a multi-use slider is not in Blocs v4.

If I was norm and Blocs 3 is stable - why not bring out a Blocs Pro pack with all the features that we are asking for…id pay £50 for an updated pro pack of new blocs and brics.

1 Like

That would be fantastic

Yeah and the think is you can do this on bootstrap! So I don’t know why isn’t possible on blocs natively

2 Likes

Not really a feature but maybe just a ‘quality of life’ request. Having the ability to move blocs up/down from the layer tree would be great rather than pressing the keyboard shortcut several times over.

I may have mis-understood, but you can already drag blocs in the layer tree. As well as other elements.

hmm… that’s weird. I can drag everything except the entire blocs on my layer tree.

@TMRJIJ. - not to highjack this thread but…

3 Likes

A couple of basic ones. Just starting to play with Blocs, so I may be missing something obvious on any of the below…

1. Not every site is a single page. Allowing drag and drop of page ordering, or directory creation in the left hand page would be extremely helpful.
  2. Image captions for the various permutations - single image, galleries, sliders.
  3. Notifications and updates from in-product for updated to blocs, brics, 3rd pty add-ons, …
  4. Simple option to exclude new page from being added to top level menu in page context (e.g. not add many pages, then go into Menu Manager to remove them).
1 Like

Yep, @rtp, a few of those on my wish list, especially the reordering of pages (or being able to have sub folders). Once you get past 4 or 5 pages, it’s a hassle finding the page you need next.
Even having the option of reducing the thumbnails would be good, therefore seeing more pages at once.

1 Like

@TrevReav

2 Likes

Thanks for the video. I guess my mouse position was just wrong the whole time :sweat_smile:

This exist already.

So does this.

1 Like
  1. Global Blocs/Brics
  2. Ability to conditionally show/hide fields in Form
  3. More modal trigger options
1 Like

Ahh, I see why I wasn’t seeing it. I’m using duplicate from other pages mostly, where you don’t get the dialog and there isn’t a ‘page properties’ equivalent on the right hand side containing the settings for create new page - or am I missing that as well? (possible…)

1 Like

You can also turn it off in page settings after page creation.

Yes, but you also have settings in the right hand inspector column using the same settings icon. Selecting a page on the left nav should populate settings on the right, versus a drill-in and modal IMO. Right clicking on a page in left nav also doesn’t bring up settings - it’s sort of a UX weirdness, IMO. Select a page on left, and show settings on the right like you do for elements.

The settings on the right relate to page content. The settings icon on the page displays page-specific settings which just makes for common sense. The page settings icon is in the page thumbnail, content setting are in their common place on the right of the interface. The same page settings can be accessed by clicking on the settings icon on the right of the page next to the page name. I don’t see what is wrong or illogical with this arrangement. How many variants of page settings do we need?

1 Like