Blocs Wordpress Support

I would love to test it. would be a game changer.

@Norm Iā€™m new to Blocs and interested in testing this with WP.

Hi @Norm

Any news on Wordpress ? Is this still on track ?

Thanks
MDS

i would love to test this Normā€¦
i have been doing it manually since using blocs.

think i can give quite good feedback on the differences

Hi Norm, just purchased Blocs (actually this thread enticed me to go ahead with the purchase).
Iā€™ve created several dozens of WordPress sites and manage several hundreds. Iā€™d love to help out with testing this new feature.

1 Like

Good day! Day by day waiting for Wordpress support release!))))

This will be add on or plugin to blocs? Do we need extra pay? Is there an ability alpha or beta testing?

Now Iā€™m working on two websites and want to integrate WP on them!

Yes.

The hold up on WP export testing is I prioritised adding support for embedding assets in projects and that has been a sink hole. So things are a little delayed.

4 Likes

Yeah, of course. Did you expect anything else? But there is a professional and cheap alternative: Pinegrow Theme Converter for WordPress

:grimacing:

Iā€™ve tried this. Itā€™s kinda complicated to learn how to use on top of how Wordpress handles themes

1 Like

Hi Norm

Iā€™m interested in the Beta too. I sell my products on Etsy and if I can get Woocommerce into A Blocs Wordpress, I can sell on my own site without all the extra fees.

2 Likes

Norm,

Whenā€™s the Wordpress functionality going to be available? Will we have to wait for V4? When will that be, any idea?

Keep up the great work!!

Buzz

Ive been meaning to update this thread. We have rearranged our schedule for the next 12 months and have decided to release Wordpress early next year (2020).

We plan to spend the remainder of this year working on Blocs 3, aiming to get the best stability and usability ever and to finally complete and officially launch the Blocs developer API.

Wordpress is defo coming very soon and now we have made the call to release it a little later we will be adding greater control and more functions to this new export option.

13 Likes

Fantastic news Norm!!

1 Like

Great! Waiting! Want transfer all websites to it!

1 Like

Will the WordPress Export be a part of Blocs or will it be an add-on that costs extra?

I understand it will be an optional add-on at extra cost.

I donā€™t want to be a downer in this butā€¦
Wordpress these days is pretty much done with some page builder.
Most of them create their own themes.
The flexibility with these page builders are amazing. And the need for a classic wp-theme is decreasing rapidly.
Iā€™m not convinced that blocs for wp will have much to offer to that.

Iā€™d rather see blocs evolve to its own cms. A nice blocs site which can be updated from a web browser rather than have to export the whole site. With the content in some database.

I hate to see a lot of time/development going into fruitless adventures.
Just my two centsā€¦

Cheers

8 Likes

Yes, blocs should have its own cms, but clients love WP for its features and plugins.

The problem is nowadays, that blocs users (some of them) need to port WP manually to designed in blocs sites.

So I hope, we will be able to get it soon, easy and automatically

Blocs are cms system, because some of JS crashes the software. And port it to web version wonā€™t be a big deal for developers.