Card Designer 1.4.4 is now available!

But when i use this as you mentioned nothing happens… so what to do?

Hi @yellow,

What version do you have?
Are you able to share a link, or send a bloc file?

It’s probably something simple, but I need more to go on.

Has anybody successfully used Card Designer?

I’d love to see some creative examples (beyond just the basic image with hover effect and a button link).

I’m won’t post the work of others, but I have seem some nice uses.

Probably most users only scratch the surface of what Card Designer can do!
After all, I made it so easy with presets and things that the convenience factor alone is a motivation for some folks. I’d like seeing projects using Card Designer too, but be careful not to limit your imagination of what YOU can do with the bric.

Card Designer comes with a .bloc file that gives you a nice example that many have found useful. I don’t think it’s too basic considering what it takes to make these without Card Designer.

Don’t forget, Card Designer does so much:

• Slideshows (vertical and horizontal)
  • Image filters
  • KenBurns effect
  • Responsive title builder
  • Hero slider
  • High quality gradients
  • High quality shadows
  • several hoverable effects
  • much more…
1 Like

Some links maybe? Don’t be shy!

Hard to tell anything from a screenshot.

The free bloc is only useful if you already own Card Designer but here it the link.

Also, Eldar has done a wonderful review of Card Designer:

It’s worth searching Card Designer here in the forum. There are good examples, videos and discussions in these threads. Also blochead.dev website has a few examples.

1 Like

Hi @Ian

You can check mine here: Birmaclub - Photos from past exhibitions of the Birman cat

Originally they were different and with the release of Version 1.4.4. had to re-build them. To do so I finally used @Whittfield example which I modified and actually helped me learn some features I had not understood with earlier versions.

MDS

1 Like

Hi MDS,

Thanks… works nicely on a desktop/laptop, especially the soft shadow.

As others have said, it’s not so intuitive on smaller breakpoints. On phones a tap to ‘open’ and a tap to ‘close’ would help, it must be relatively easy to program, as to re-see the images under the expanded text another image has to be tapped.

On my iPad, the sliding aspect is missing completely, tapping simply adds the shadow, see photos…

It depends on your audience I suppose, as to whether the cards are the best route… I’ve no idea what devices mine uses, but we have a good few cats between us. :smile:

(I’m hoping that a flip to a (potentially) different length card is possible in the future.)

Strange as on my iPad it works fine with the sliding effect…

Which model are you using ?

MDS

Hi there, it’s a Mini v1 running 9.3.5, so not exactly new, but Card Designer is the only thing I’ve found which doesn’t work. That I can remember at least!

Indeed probably too old. But to explain why… I couldn’t tell. Maybe @Whittfield knows why ?

MDS

We’re talking about browser support, which of course will vary based on the advances in css, etc.

In fact Bootstrap 5 upcoming, will drop support for IE 11 I’ve read. so yes there are some features tied to more current browsers, although care was taken to avoid major pitfalls and add things that can largely fail gracefully.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Good day to all, I’m sure this has been mentioned elsewhere in this forum but caniuse.com is a site that many developers use to get info about which browsers support which css features. The site also provides browser usage statistics which help you make a decision on which css features use for your audience.

There are actually some css filters and other ideas that I didn’t include in Card Designer simply because they weren’t widely enough supported.

1 Like

Hello @Whiifield I’m having an issue with the update of the bric. Can you help me please?

Hi Pealco,

I haven’t seen this before. I just took a look on the server and the files are missing. I haven’t been on the server to even look at those files since I uploaded them. I’m scratching my head over this…

I’ll let you know when I get them back up and tested this evening.

Whittfield

1 Like

Thank you…

Hey! Can you do square pictures? Cant find the way!

Hi @Stewie_Griffin, The only way to achieve a perfect square would be to make the cards non-responsive. The widths of a Card Designer card are ultimately dictated by the width of the parent container. i.e. responsive.

HI @Whittfield

It appears that the scroll to target only works on the Title and no longer with the button. Could you please advise if there is a bug here ?

Thanks
MDS

@Whittfield

Any news on this ?

Thanks
MDS