Card Designer 1.4.4 is now available!

Is there a reason why the button link requires a url, rather than being able to select a page? I am guessing it is down to the API, but it makes links to internal pages more fiddly and doubly so when developing on a different domain that could be forgotten.

Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 14.55.15

2 Likes

When the page url field was not initially a part of the api. now that it is, I looked at how it would be implemented and there’s a lot more flexibility with the current way things are actually.

I’d use relative links whenever possible “/products.html” to avoid the issue that can result from domain changes.

That works locally in Blocs, but fails on the server if using clean urls. It seems to require absolute urls in this case that will require editing when moving to another domain.

I am using clean urls with their cards, you just have to attach the link well, ex.

/ test or / start / test

for the card to direct you correctly. If later you can link to the page within blocsapp it would be a good idea!

I’m having some issues with the title and bottom label text not taking the colour I’m setting in the inspector. The description and top line text are showing correctly in blocs and are exported in the html file. The others remain as the default whatever selection is made. The bottom label text doesn’t have any colour info in the export but if I add it manually it displays properly on the site. The title text contains rgb info on export but it doesn’t display as white.

This is taken from the export:

h2 class=“cd-title bold” style=“font-size: 40px; margin-left: 0px; margin-bottom: 20px;”>Lucy Morrish</h2

that section includes the following just before the name (20px;“><a style=…html”>which isn’t visible in the first cut and paste.

a style=“color: rgb(254, 255, 255); background-color: transparent; line-height: 40px; font-family: Karla;” target=“_self” aria-disabled=“false” href=“/2020-projects.html”

Any suggestions?

Hi @simm,

Do you have a lonk you can share. It sounds like there’s a css rule override somewhere. should be easy enough to find and offer a fix.

it’s up on the home page of unbrokenenglish.com (my test domain).

Thanks for the prompt response!

Looks like you have some custom styles on the page that override any further colors changes.

/* = Custom Styling
-------------------------------------------------------------- */

h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,p,label,.btn,a{
	font-family:"Helvetica";
	color:#808A8E!important;
}

The !important declaration is the cause. color:#808A8E!important;
It forces the rule to override other rules.

Thanks - will investigate.

Hi @Whittfield, I have a quick question about the button customisation…
I don’t understand how to modify the colour of the button text, I’ve found the background in the settings and that’s fine but what’s the class that allow me to modify the hover, text colour etc??
I found this class with the inspector “.cd-button opacity-fx” but once modified it has no effect. Do you know by chance if there is another rule over riding this??

Hi @Gianni,

You can target the button text like this:

.cd-button span {
      font-size: 16px;
}
1 Like

Hi Whittfield,

I also don’t see the update icon in the extenstion manager. As you can see by the screenshot, it says I have v. 1.0.0: I am running the current version of Blocs (3.4.5)

THX,
Gary

Screenshot 2020-04-01 um 21.48.04

Hi @gary,

In-app updates didn’t happen until around 1.3. You can download the latest version at Gumroad where the purchases are made.

Login at Gumroad using the same email you made the purchase with. You can reset your password there if you need too. After you log in you can download the latest update.

Hi there,

I love this brick however can I suggest one thing to make it more customizable? Forgive me is it’s already available and I just don’t see it.

It would be great if we could pick a colour to use as the shadowing. Yes, there’s Dim, Royal, grey etc. However it would be great if we could set the colour. I had blue backgrounds that the Royal was too intense but I did not want the shadow to be much darker (i.e. Dim).

If there is a way already, I’d love to be enlightened. If not, I would strongly suggest adding this feature.

Many thanks!

Hi @RPH4,

First, thanks for the feedback. I love hearing how people are using this bric. It really does matter to me.

Why I did it this way
The main reason I didn’t use a color picker here is because I’m using a Linear Gradient technique with 15 different “stops” to achieve a very high quality smooth “bandless” gradient. It would not be practical at all to inline it or to build the interface to create them. A lesser quality gradient would not have looked as good but still would need to be inlined. given all those factors, I chose the higher quality.

Other reasoning
I am stingy about adding more size to the stylesheet, and these gradients are kinda long lines of css keeping them to a minimal is the way to go. I originally was only going to allow lightening and darkening to keep things slim, but in the end, I decided a short list would be worth it.

Tips you can use

1. You probably saw that you can change the opacity of the gradient, so using the “Dim” setting and lowering the opacity some can get you a subtle darkening that looks very natural.

2. You can use the caption background and that has a color picker. Not the same, but it’s there.

1 Like

Thanks Whittfield!

1 Like

Where can i change the font size in Card Designer 1.4.4? There is no possibility?

card designer It has its own typeface section, it is easy.

Captura de Pantalla 2020-04-14 a la(s) 1.00.41 p. m.

But when i use this as you mentioned nothing happens… so what to do?

Hi @yellow,

What version do you have?
Are you able to share a link, or send a bloc file?

It’s probably something simple, but I need more to go on.