ChatGPT & MacGPT

Swift is Apple. ChatGPT is Microsoft. I think that may answer your curiosity.

1 Like

Come on OpenAI is not for sale :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

Did ChatGPT write that?

4 Likes

“Hey Blocsapp” :sunglasses:

https://twitter.com/blocsapp/status/1645421559207677953?s=20

4 Likes

Now we are talking; literally!

2 Likes

While other people are talking about it, you are making it happen! Congratulations! Roll-on…

2 Likes

It works with your accent Norm, should be fine for mine then :grin:

3 Likes

Nice, I assume you’re tapping into native Apple Core ML + NL + Speech. Can it be setup so users can help train the input further to expand feature reach, or is it already training with user input being sent back?

You can have impressive success when implementing: Dalai + LLaMa.cpp + Alpaca.cpp + Whisper.cpp + Etc., locally :wink:. Exciting times, moving at warp speed!

2 Likes

@Norm When adding a colour like purple as shown in your example it would be good if Blocs could recognise user named colours inside the swatch manager, so it’s not just any purple, but a specific purple chosen for the site and business branding.

2 Likes

cool idea. It currently accepts the words primary and secondary and will assign template colours so I should be able to hook that up.

3 Likes

When time permits I’m working on a project called Murasaki, which literally means purple in Japanese and I’ve chosen a specific tone for that as part of the overall look and branding. Ideally I’d call that Murasaki purple in the swatch manager, then let Blocs AI add the colour on demand.

Obviously that’s just an example, but for sure users will want to choose project specified colours.

2 Likes

Bunch of stuff going on in the background, surprisingly Apple has a lot of tech already available to make things happen.

I’ve started training a model, but this is not used yet.

2 Likes

3 Likes

There have been people saying Apple are slow around AI, but i has assumed Apple had a lot under the hood already in the ML department.

1 Like

Yeah :joy: people are worried about OpenAI, looks like we should be worried about Blocs becoming self aware. :robot::mechanical_arm::anatomical_heart:

3 Likes

Borg

Someone needs to photoshop that with Norms face :joy:

3 Likes

Greetings Fellow Devs

I seem to have come too late to the party.

However, I wanted to check with @Norm if he has considered allowing access to the user to input their custom AI inference server IP Address instead of relying on OpenAI.

The availability of local inference servers (especially for Mac) has made significant progress to where it’s feasible to switch from OpenAI/ChatGPT.

I hate having to jump my code between Blocs and VSCode back and forth just to run a simple prompt. The current implementation in Blocs seems promising and congratulations are in order for a reason :100::fire::fire::fire:

I imagine a ‘quicker’ implementation would involve something like Ollama (ollama/docs/api.md at main · ollama/ollama · GitHub) which installs as simple as Blocs.

Ollama implements the OpenAI API so that’s why I have assumed it’s a matter of having the option of updating to an alternative server (Which Ollama defaults to http://localhost:11433).

Ollama has proven to be an easy to manage setup that gives access to some of the best and latest AI models.

I understand coding can be easier said than done and I will be waiting patiently to see what actually becomes the way forward for Blocs.

Thanks for a great app.

Regards from Africa.