ChatGPT & MacGPT

I created a new thread for this, since it was highjacking someone else’s.

Several of us have been actively using ChatGPT for a while now. If you haven’t tried it yourself, you’ve probably heard about it by now.

Read more about it here

Also grab this Mac app, it is free, but I would highly suggest donating towards it.(It’s been updated recently with some amazing features… support the developer.)

I am using the API personally (it is faster). You can get an API key under your account options at OpenAi and use the API Key in MacGPT. The API costs are a lot cheaper, and you get a bunch of free credit.

5 Likes

Here is a very quick look at how the MacGPT inline feature works in Blocs. Did I say quick!

17 Likes

I really like this, it works on the macos system, but as you did, it doesn’t anymore in blocsapp. Then the fault lies with me.

The Dev of MacGPT has said there are some apps it won’t work with eg. WhatsApp. Which he is trying to address if he can.

But it works great in Blocs.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/blocsapp/status/1641460478730805248?s=46&t=ejwpD2M0JgdB6-Obrrvcow

1 Like

Yep! Going to be the start of something great!

Even better with it built in.

I think we are all waiting to that next beta now @Norm - Game Changer feature!!!

1 Like

Just got it and it’s awesome! Really looking forward to the native ai integration within Blocs, but this is great for everything outside of Blocs too!

"The Blocs app is a popular website design tool that allows users to create professional-looking websites without needing to know how to code. One of the main advantages of the Blocs app is its user-friendly interface, which makes it easy for anyone, regardless of their skill level, to create a stunning website quickly. The app also offers a wide range of design tools and templates, which users can customize to fit their specific needs and preferences.

Another great feature of the Blocs app is its ability to generate clean, semantic code, which helps to improve website performance and search engine rankings. Additionally, the app is optimized for responsiveness, meaning that websites created with Blocs will look great on any device, from desktops to smartphones.

Overall, the Blocs app is an excellent choice for anyone looking to create a high-quality website without needing to spend a lot of time or money on professional web design services. With its intuitive interface, powerful design tools, and robust features, the Blocs app is a great option for beginners and experienced web designers alike."

I got it to do a summary about myself :rofl: :rofl:

Don’t ask anyone in New Zealand about the bit at the end. :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

Because if the internet was full of lies before, its going to get worse :smile:

Pete Sharp is a talented web designer based in New Zealand. He has years of experience creating beautiful, responsive websites for clients across various industries. Sharp has a particular passion for user-centered design, and he strives to make his websites visually stunning and highly functional, with excellent navigation and usability. He is highly skilled in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, and his expertise in these areas allows him to create bespoke web experiences that perfectly fit his clients’ needs. Sharp is committed to staying up to date with the latest design and development trends, and he relishes the challenge of pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in web design. His dedication to delivering high-quality work and his ability to think outside the box have earned him a reputation as one of the top web designers in New Zealand.

2 Likes

I don’t want to hype the AI stuff too much. It’s very early days and the implementation is very surface level at this early stage.

However, it’s still pretty cool. Perfect for text generation, spell checking etc. I do have it hooked up to generate code into the code widgets too so if you use those you can have some fun :rofl:

But please remember it’s not skynet level yet :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Having used ChatGPT for a while now, I’m under no illusions about it being early days. Thanks for opening up the door for us to explore it more inside Blocs @Norm. A lot less copy paste (from ChatGPT) moving forward.

3 Likes

Which version of Blocs has it already hooked up into?

Little more of what is coming in the first version.

https://twitter.com/blocsapp/status/1641786455151263744?s=20

7 Likes

Impressive

1 Like

Very cool @Norm :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Burgers :hamburger: :hamburger: for dinner @Norm? :grin: :yum: :yum:

1 Like

Way cool!!!

Is the Image API hooked up to replace those drab image place holders also? :thinking: :wink:

no not yet.

@Norm, I do not know enough about AI to comment intelligently, but what I do know I find alarming. Will it be possible to turn AI off for those users who do not want it? By off I mean removed, 100% non-functional and not reporting back to its servers.