Easy Copyright - Custom Bric

Hi @PeteSharp.

Is it possible to change the order of the copyright notice information around?

I’ve always displayed copyright notices as: “Copyright © Company Name, 2021. All rights reserved.” so that they comply with advice given in the UK’s Copyright, Designs and Patent Act 1988.

Also I tend to display two years in copyright notices i.e. 1988–2021; where the first refers to the year that the design copyright came into being, and the second is the current year. So I’d need the second the automatically increase by one, but the first to remain static.

Thanks!

Hey @DerekDigital

Sorry you can’t reorder the copyright information at this stage.

You can already display two years, just enter the start year into the first option. If the start year is the same as the current year, it will only show one date until the following year. The start year is static.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying the two years @PeteSharp. That’s great! :smiley:

Perhaps the ability to customise the order of copyright info may appear in a future iteration :wink:

Why can i not change the colour of thr typo? class manager change only the rest but not the colour. Working not.

Hi @Piet, I’m not at my Mac at the moment, but I think it takes on the paragraph(?) tags from the document setup. So whatever you have there, should transfer down to the copyright bric.

1 Like

Hi @Piet, make sure when you create a class you add the same to the “class manager” of easy copyright and click apply.

2 Likes

Hi @TrevReav, @Jerry,
thank you, after some back and forth the color was then adopted. Actually a matter of 1 minutes. But some things are pretty hidden or not so easy to use directly. Especially the color adjustments often only work after research. Have a nice Weekend!

3 Likes

Neat you got it sorted. Thanks @Jerry

1 Like

Is it possible to insert an image (jpg, png)?

Hi @Grandpa, only in the additional text area, it does accept HTML markup, so you would have to code it. Other than that, sorry it’s doesn’t have drop in image support through the asset manager.

Hi @Grandpa, just out of interest. What kind of image would you like to add to your copyright?

Hi, it’s my logo.

1 Like

Got you! Thx.

Have you got a link @scruffs? I’d be interested to read your source. Thanks.

Hey Derek. Well, first of all, I am in the UK. But I am pretty sure it is the same worldwide. The law in the UK is the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act, 1988. It clearly states that the formatting is as Easy Copyright has it. It also mentions that the symbol itself is not accepted in all countries (go figure) which is why the word ‘Copyright’ is included as well.

Here’s a link to the law itself:
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/48/contents

But this PDF is probably more consumable:
https://copyrightservice.co.uk/_f/9016/4640/2078/edupack.pdf

Cheers,
Colin

1 Like

Yep. Same in the 'States. Thought so.

Thanks for this Colin, its much appreciated.

1 Like

FYI, the PDF document you sent me the link for says:

“In the case of work which is continually updated, (for example a web site), the year of publication may be shown as a period from first publication until the most recent update, (e.g. 2000-2008).”

So what I’ve always shown at the bottom of sites that I develop still stands.

I’m afraid I have to disagree with you.
Copyright notices start with the word, then symbol, then owner and then date.
See Point 4 in this article.

2 Likes