Ecommerce. I need advice

Yes. I think it gets to the point where changes / features become less likely to break the work you have already done.

From what I can gather it looks like eventually they will offer a paid version with features like SMTP sales/orders email etc so they come from your own domain. At present all that goes through reflow.

Looking forward to see what you have built for this @Whittfield

1 Like

Thanks Pete, That’s good to know. I think you’ll like what it’s evolved into.

2 Likes

I am in the middle of integrating reflow product pages. Will your product be independent of reflow or will it still be connected in API?

For those who have already integrated reflow and want to use your product, do they have to redo all the work upstream?

Will the implementation be less difficult than reflow? It’s simple but their guide I find that it goes in all directions that we get lost a little. If you finish it before I want to test if necessary

I am too curious about what you will propose

Yep, just just about covers it @Jerry
I’ve looked around and at the moment my sales aren’t worth the upgrade, so any suggestions that integrate nicely with Blocs, I’d be interested to hear about.

After Ecwid, as a free solution, is probably Hiboutik. Simple, easy and lots of options in the free version.

Alternatively, you have Abante and Opencart but they’re a bit of a mission to implement and the free version comes only with one theme.

1 Like

Excellent, thanks @Jerry.
Never heard of that but I shall look into it next week after our long weekend here in the UK.
Happy coconuts to you.

I’m using the premium version for a little ice cream shop I have had for over a year now. I could with the free version though.

1 Like

@Alpha would this not work?

The Stiva solution is a nice one - used it many times on a number of sites. Completely self hosted and supports Stripe and PayPal payments. I prefer self-hosted solutions because I don’t like having third party shopping carts spread around the internet - it’s just another weak-link in the chain. If their site is down, or someone hacks your shopping cart, you’re stuffed. If its all on your own domain and hosting, you have fewer issues and more profit.

1 Like

hi @AdieJAM,
I’ve already watched it but I wasn’t won over :smiley:

Colleagues, please clarify why no one uses Stripe?
I quite liked it for solving payment problems.
Plus on the Stripe side you can create goods, set their quantity and so on. Almost a full-fledged online store.

I do think they use stripe but in their chosen platform
ie, all my clients who use Ecwid use stripe, but not stripe as you are I guess by creating a buy now button on an item.

@Newbie are you able to share what you have done (if you have?) as this would be of interest to others on here. I have a potential client who is selling services and will have 4 services which would be good to link to stripe.

@AdieJAM if you have a stripe login you will see the products button on the dashboard.

I offer a range of payment gateways to my clients, it’s interesting how some are more popular by country. Stripe for me is not as good as PayPal purely because of the long wait time I have for payments to be paid out. (NZ).

1 Like

Thanks @PeteSharp , I’ll have a look more into it, so many friends use it instead of PayPal here in the UK now.

I am considering Stripe for some clients as done a few quotes for websites and they all love it etc
and when I email them the invoice with the bank details they don’t do it - I would like to do get them to pay straight away online

I use Xero, so the client gets a link to an online invoice, with several online payment options.

Personally, I did a stripe installation on a prestashop site. Nothing complex, except that the payments often bugs and the stripe after-sales service is almost non-existent and long to answer
When we have a site to produce quickly we expect it to be fast on their side. Without counting stories of blocking funds when it is large amounts and there it becomes a nightmare. I was thinking of installing stripe on a client site and I opted for paypal, which is a safe bet. C’est mon retour d’expĂ©rience. JE ne dis pas que STripe soit mauvais mais quand ca bug on a aucun mail qui nous informe du moindre bug et c’est embĂȘtant

Reflow doesn’t support digital products so that was a bummer for me.

For the moment, that is coming though. Reflow is fairly new and is still maturing.

It would be nice if Reflow could offer digital products + secure downloads. If not secure downloads, then at least links to Dropbox or other online storage services.

The developers have it on their list. Not sure how they will implement it, but I am sure they won’t want to host everyone’s downloads. Most likely an obscured link. Who knows, I guess we will find out sometime in the next year.

1 Like