Ecommerce. I need advice

Customer budget, paying monthly installments + commission is expensive for very few sales. Otherwise yes I would go to ewid if it was interesting.

I actually think some customers just have psychological sticking points and unable to look at the bigger picture. This is particularly common with small businesses that have all kinds of other expenses, yet for anything online they fixate on really small costs.

If it had 10 items, the question would not be asked, I would have chosen Ecwid. But now if I have to pay ECWID itā€™s 35 euros more/month

I could have very well gone through prestashop but I wonā€™t have a total control of the site in custom and I bought modules on blocks and the license so I might as well show to the community what we can do with blocks, it can inspire other initiates and see around the sproblems in another way to succeed in our goal

Whatever the scenario you should not be paying these billing costs for your client.

Thatā€™s right, if I could guarantee sales every month there would be no problem with monthly payments. But as you say companies are trying to earn sales margin on their products, if on top of that they pay monthly payments plus commissions on each item sold plus monthly payment or commision on transactionsā€¦ Might as well go to shopify to lose more money. lol

Yes I totally understand, there is no problem on it. They want to save money, itā€™s up to me to find the right solutions, no matter what the technology. The site blocvs customer is already finished and I am in full integration of ecommerce. on the site and still I have not seen the shipping by some if it is integrable or not on blocks. To understand the outcome and the limits of each software or development technology, we are sometimes forced to be confronted with the problems and thatā€™s how we evolve in the choice and the design technique

I did what they asked but it doesnā€™t take into account on blocks or maybe I need to put everything on my host

I sympathise with your situation and only say this because I have had similar difficulties in the past and slowly now changing my ways. It is our responsibility to find solutions, but only up to a point. It is not our responsibility to find miracles just because a client does not have money or not willing to pay.

About 18 months ago I had a client with around 20 staff members and it was obvious they needed Office 365 for for all of them, but the whole project was held up for a month with endless calls, emails and tests while they had me looking for cheaper alternatives that had to be just as good.

Eventually they acknowledged they didnā€™t really like any others and went with Office 365. It felt like such a waste of my time for no extra money, so now I would explain early on it is their responsibility to have an adequate budget for their requirements or tell me which solution they want.

Whatever billing solution you find, I wish you luck in resolving this with minimum difficulty. It all sounds like a bit of a pain.

1 Like

Totally agree with your experience which is identical. We are here to find solutions but we are not up to date on technology alternatives either. Besides, itā€™s @jerry who gave me a feedback and I think that my experience will be rich in learning about reflow. I see therefore the future problems that I will encounter later.

Thank you for your support

My integration of Blocs and Reflow has taken longer than expected. Iā€™ve managed to keep the project going but it has morph into a theme with about 8 plugins. During the time V2 of the api came out and I it required some changes. Well itā€™s getting closer to completion.

The hard part will be support. Thereā€™s some things youā€™ve gotta know to make it work. This is the worst for me because I have limited time.

3 Likes

For someone selling 15 items purely as a hobby then I get the worry on paying out if sales are low, but if its for a business for the huge support and that Ecwid offers its a no brainer in my opinionā€¦Ā£12.50!!! a bloody bargain !

Is it perfect? no - far from itā€¦but nothing is ever perfect - but other than going to Blocs Plus and stepping into Wordpress/WooCommerce then Ecwid is the best solution right now if handing over to a client.

I love the fact my client looks after their store 100% - they add items on with their iPhone and boom its on the website, they adjust prices do packages etc and it mirrors on the website - they love it, I do not have to mess with it.

It will be great to see what others can soon offer, but I know my clients if there is a bug like yes there has been one or 2 creep in with Ecwid that literally they do a live chat and BOOM its sorted - for a shop that is what you need.

All have been said :palm_tree: :palm_tree: :palm_tree: :palm_tree:

Itā€™s 500 items for free to me. :thinking:

2 Likes

Yep :grin: thatā€™s why I stepped back. I have been following the development of reflow also and saw a lot of changes were still on the go. Itā€™s still very early days for reflow.

1 Like

It should be a subscription model for the moment with changes every week.

How you manage that??? You bribing them with cocktails!!?

Ecwid is 10 items for me also - and non digital! And Iā€™ve just found out that the vouchers/gift cards Iā€™ve been trying to sell arenā€™t available on the free plan anymore.
Starting to look around, but something that plays nicely with Blocs because:
A - Iā€™m lazy
B - Iā€™m stupid.

Your stuck to Ecwid :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s an interesting project. Once I realized that a theme should be packaged with the brics it started to fall into place.

I probably recreated this like 3 times to be honest. You were right to hold off. But now it looks like I have something I actually like. Iā€™m working some this weekend on it, Iā€™m really close, I can feel it. :grin:

There I go again doh!

4 Likes