Experience with OLD Mac..... turning NEW one again

Probably you have to follow the explanations that I have done before about using resources from Mac. if in normal it ask you to accept some security issues you have to enable it manually…

You’re correct Pealco, and in fact that’s what the troubleshooting instructions from Airfoil mentioned. I followed them - their method is more simplistic and above the surface, just allowing the apps to recognize the mic through Security and Privacy in the System Preferences, and that’s where the app was not showing. Exhausted the options with the apps’ support team and trying to run older versions that work on my other computers before having to go into your comprehensive directions using Terminal :grimacing: which I’m more afraid of than of the Exorcist (as I am just a humble designer with very limited understanding of the digital entrails of hardware and software). Fortunately for me, found a solution before getting into the unknown world of Terminal. But definitely, that was the issue. Thanks for reading!
Cheers,
Alberto

Good that you find a solution…

If you can please share the solution, so others having same issues could be helped…

For sure! I mentioned above that after trying out the patched version of the app the Amoeba Rouge support team sent me after trying to make their latest Catalina-ready version, an older version Airfoil 4.9.2 was the one that worked without doing anything. With that version, the mic was automatically recognized, so no need to check the Privacy&Settings/System Preferences even.
Cheers,
Alberto

1 Like

Well that’s been a difficult past few days!
After the reformat of the fusion drive and corrupt backup disc I’ve had to copy as much as I could manually from the disc (minus the applications folder, so I’ve had to hunt down all of the serials again and various other stuff, but luckily my work seems to be intact) onto my brand spanking new Catalina, and finally after 4+ days it’s there.
Although I haven’t used it in anger yet, Blocs seems to be working fine!

1 Like

I’m glad, that finally you have all working.
I work all this week with that computer and no problem at all…

1 Like