Important Announcement for Third Party Developers šŸ“¢

@Bill , Iā€™ve made improvements to the emails that are sent out to sellers when one of their products receives a comment. Hopefully that will improve things going forward.

Iā€™ve also added some UX hints for likes and reviews to encourage custom interaction :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I was thinking about this the other dayā€¦ Itā€™s nice to have the review on the blocs store, but we often get reviews on the stores/services we sell through. Eg Gumroad. Itā€™s doubtful people will do both. Although Gunroad is a bit tougher with their 5 star rating system :joy:

Letā€™s not forget either that some reviews, or indeed complaints, are for entirely different brics not even made by the same developer.

1 Like

Yep. Going through that at the moment. Someone has mistaken me for another developer and causing me issues :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I could probably add a flag comment button and remove those comments.

2 Likes

Do we need something to prevent re-adding older products as new? :man_shrugging:

Ideally, people would just play fair. Imagine everyone doing this. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I was considering typing a space in front of my ā€˜developersā€™ name to be the first showing on the sellerā€™s page.

You might find it challenging to get along with the other developers around you.

Just my :coin::coin:.

Agreed, that is indeed an inherent flaw that can be exploited and is by some.

1 Like

Iā€™ve enabled email notifications, so we are made aware when products are published, unpublished and deleted. We will update the store terms to cover this loophole and advise against it.

Iā€™ll monitor the situation from here and see whats going on.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve added another seller feature, you can now customise your stores URL at the Blocs Store as it may not match your business name. Just login and head to account.

1 Like

There are a ton of links in the forum pointing to the store. :thinking::grimacing:

This is just your store front, donā€™t change it if you donā€™t need to.

I noticed an old store front URL will auto redirect to the new one, think this is a feature of Wordpress (which the store runs on).

However, Iā€™ve no idea how many iterations it will store of old URLs and auto redirect.

1 Like

Obviously. There are links in the forum to the blocs store fronts.

Cool that it will redirect. :grin:

Check your junk folder :laughing:

1 Like