Loss of Data

Hi, I’m reaching out as I’m not getting any direct support as yet. My issue is that I had a site that got really slow and big (5GB). This was due to the duplicate asset problem in Blocs 3. Once I used the ‘purge duplicate asset’ feature the site initially responded well, reduced in size to around 3GB and was quicker. However once I saved and restarted I could see the pages in my layer tree but each page shows no content, similar to this post previously posted - Everything is gone!
The site still shows 3GB of content but it looks like everything is lost. This represents months of work on my part and I hope there’s a fix that will allow me to resurrect the content, any suggestions would be appreciated. I’m running Mojave 10.14.5.
Thanks
Wayne

@WvS, Sorry to hear your file got corrupt after using the duplicate asset remover tool. However there could be hundreds of other reasons why the file got corrupt.

I would suggest to send a link to the file to @Norm. I’m sure he’s willing to give it a try upon return from his well deserved holiday.

Secondly there’s some wise advise in the post you’re referring to. Backup, backup, backup! you can’t do it often enough. Also read and follow onscreen messages. Blocs warns you twice to backup first prior using the duplicate asset remover tool. Blocs 4 has an auto-backup option which is really cool.

Hi Jerry, thanks for the response. I have indeed backed up the file prior to the purge, this is still fine but suffers with a 30-45 minute upload /startup delay due to the duplicate asset issue (hence the purge) so unless there is a stable route forward post purge it’s also effectively not going to work for me. My concern is that the working file can corrupt in this manner as it would appear that I will need to use the duplicate asset purge frequently as I build this site, I will try again using my backup and purge again.

Hi, I managed to recreate the purged file and it all worked well, I saved and that file was fine. I started on a new page and broke for lunch, came back about an hour later and the file error had happened again, all data appears lost. Any ideas?