Mobirise or BLOCS | Which is better for one-page websites?

Ah ok, well the difference between Blocs v2 and v4 is quite a contrast. Blocs has come a very long way in that time.

Comparing Blocs to Mobirise is not a true assessment, if you’ve been using Blocs v2 against the latest version of Mobirise.

I’m biased, but in my opinion, there is no comparison between these apps today. Blocs is in a completely different league now.

But I wish you all the best :+1:

4 Likes

Dm’d you please see my response.

Does this false adverting get under the skin of anyone else? I can’t stand the way companies say Free, when clearly it is NOT! You have to buy this or that. Oh you want our program to do what… this is will cost you! More Companies are like that. :expressionless:
This Mobirise App is one of them… just out how much their templates are!
At least with Blocs, we have Eldar’s brilliant work and there not expensive in comparison.
You don’t like Blocs, then chose whatever one you want to be one. I can tell you this you will not find a better support Forum fort any product. Love Blocs and am so grateful to Norm, his team and all those willing to help in this Forum. :smile:

2 Likes

You see this is exactly the what I don’t want people doing. Before you say it, use it, I’ve built a site with its on board free features and tools and it works well. In Relation to other sites and services the site looks great and functions better than others out there that said, the client is happy, people that visit the site are happy, overall it’s a positive vibe. In fact, I got a client because I was referred to what I did for the client before. So then, I took it further and bought a premium kit bundle.

I got a good deal on the templates and blocks for $80. Again before you say it, test it out fully, like I tested both BlocsApp and MobiRise side by side throughout the years. MobiRise came out as a winner for me, it may not be the case for you.

It’s a different business proposition.

Mobrise’s model is more like that or a production house. They can crank out 'creative" because that’s essentially what they are selling. HTML templates with a Drag and Drop UI.

People should use what works for them, but it’s not a bad idea to compare apples to apples and really have perspective. People will read these comments hoping to make decisions about how to invest their TIME.

Here’s a thought.

1. Figma, Affinity, Photoshop are robust design tools.

2. Canva is dead simple easy to use and has a million templates.

3. Comparing them makes both sides look inadequate.

@Whittfield Thats not entirely true, but your opinion is well received. I can’t say the same for my responses, because people are just baselessly shaming me for using MobiRise vs BlocsApp. My reason for reviving the thread was a different one all together.

You haven’t really used MobiRise and BlocsApp Side by Side I have throughout the years. The fact of the matter is you are bashing a product like “judging a book by its cover” or what you feel is factual.

Figma, Ceros, Wix, Canva are a different product but offer site building solutions on the web.

Mobirise and BlocsApp are similar in function but do things slightly different thats all.

In case you missed it, Blocs Plus allows creating Wordpress Themes. :wink:

I too find it to be a rather odd comparison between these two apps.

With Mobirise a person has templates / blocks but with an overall limited advancement of the actual core app itself over time. While with Blocs a person has blocs / brics allowing a person to make any of the same style Mobirise templates / blocks themselves at a cheaper cost with far more design freedom and creative possibilities.

During the same amount of time Blocs app has advanced its core features exponentially. While Mobirise has instead mostly just focused on adding templates / blocks. Mobirise allows limited freedom of swapping an image, changing text, alter some colors, swap a font, etc. All of that can be easily done with Blocs and a vast amount more with it’s current and ever advancing core features.

Mobirise claims over 4000+ blocks and without a discount they claim they would cost you $5275 (an absolute laughable cost). With Blocs app you can freely build your own library of custom blocs and create all of those plus 100,000+ more if you have the creativity and desire. With Mobirise the users are largely beholden to the provided templates / blocks. With Blocs the users are only restricted by their own imagination, creativity and a willingness to learn the features of the core app. For this reason Blocs has a much more expansive upside to users.

So to me the two are really not very comparative aside from each use Bootstrap but most other real comparisons seem to stop there. Another thing that should be considered is the ability to get in contact with the people behind Mobirise and the evident lack of transparency and availability. When you contrast that to Blocs complete openness to users it’s not even close.

Of course you and anyone are free to use whatever app and process they choose @petester.

I think the push back from users that you are receiving is due to the blanket statements that Mobirise is better. Couple that with the fact that you have not been active on this forum since 2018 and now you are here praising Mobrise probably seems a bit odd I’m sure to some users. I think if you instead quantified why or how you would like to see Blocs improve based upon your own needs that would be better received. Instead of the approach of somewhat likewise baselessly just claiming Mobirise superiority.

4 Likes

@Blocs_User Just because I’m not an active member on the forum doesn’t mean I dont know much about blocsapp as it pertains to features of the app versioning and latest builds.

Furthermore, Im well aware blocs app does have the ability to theme Wordpress involving another process, but it’s really made for lite in app theme creation not a fully-fledged solution in my opinion.

I would rather buy a Wordpress theme and customize it to my hearts contempt on Wordpress itself, as themes aren’t really editable in blocsapp.

Please Give me a reason to you use blocsapp over Mobirise.

But I want you to build out a site with both using its premium features. Please take your time.

Thank you

“No coding” Mobirise claims, is there another set of docs that demonstrate that?
https://mobirise.com/docs/

No one needs to do that (but its obsious if you take time to understand what I wrote above). You are the only one who needs to find value, its your work and time so use what fits you best. But since you have repeatedly stated you prefer Mobirise on the Blocs forum and that it is better — Why are you here seeking validation for yourself and that?

Anyway I’m going to shovel snow. :cloud_with_snow: :snowflake:

1 Like

Just why. Why are we discussing here a 2 year old thread? What’s the purpose of bringing that up again?

Thank you, I’m glad you brought this up!

Reasons as it pertains to the threads title and it’s original post member of the community.

For users to try out other apps and not concede over what seems right or what is marketed as “mind blowing”, “earth shattering” and “feature rich”. But what is enjoyable to them that doesn’t hinder their creativity, what is challenging with fewer limitations. Know the difference between apps strengths, weaknesses and lastly draw out your own conclusion and decide what works for them.

So people are well informed that there are options other than blocsapp? That themes might be better with mobirise than blocsapp. Just have an opened mind, that’s all.

Just wondering… have you tried the trial of Blocs 4 at all?

I personally tried Mobirise a year ago or so.It sure looks and feels nice, has a lot of sparkles built in, but I personally like the way Blocs works, using classes, being able to add custom css and all that stuff. Even if it means I need to dig deeper into adding code to get certain stuff to work. Not to forget @Jannis brilliant Volt CMS and Blogging function.

But hey, to each his own. You’re happy with Mobirise, and the users here are happy with Blocs. So we all can enjoy the app we prefer. Isn’t that great? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have tried it over and over, yes past it’s trial yes Blocsapp 4.

Have you tried Mobirise? Let me answer for you “Not really” why not? “Because I judge it by it’s false claim” that claim is truthful.

Maybe you did try it, Have you used it’s code editor not really? Why not?

Please explore your options.

I think we all know how you feel about Blocs vs Mobirise. If you like Mobirise, better, good for you.

Good Luck, please go back to their forum as we really don’t need this.

Casey

3 Likes

Hi @petester

I think you miss the point, and it’s getting a little bit confusing what you want to archive in this thread? People here are more than aware that there are other options, many options out there. Nobody is forcing us to use Blocs.

I have tried many apps, as recent as this year. I have just spent a week exploring Webflow, which I think is much closer to Blocs app than Mobirise will ever be. I have tried Mobirise as well, quite recently.

Mobirise is a completely different level app, much simpler than Blocs, hence much more limited. It’s cool for some people, but it’s obviously not an upgrade for Blocs app users. Why downgrade to something more limited?

And by the way, Blocs app doesn’t require you to use any themes or extensions. Honestly, I never do. You can, out of the box, build anything.

Anyway. Thanks for trying to get us out of jail, but it’s quite nice here.

3 Likes

Ok thanks man, I just liked your response. I’m waiting for others to jump on liking your response… @Eldar look at their themes in full detail both of you @norm and yes you can customize each of the blocs with the code editor or use its side ui to tweak its bloc.

That wasn’t really nice of you but ok I’ll do that. @Norm do the honors of kicking me out for good :relieved:. People have spoken and it’s getting quite shaky.

Have you had similar discussions in the Mobirise forums?

Otherwise it all feels kinda one sided.

1 Like

I’ve reported a bug when it comes its buttons but quickly figured it out with its code editor.

Besides the point, it’s not a pretty looking forum but it works.