My first two projects with Blocs

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed building my first two Blocs based websites! I’ve learned a lot in the process but it was never a chore and they came together quite well I thought :slight_smile: . Bear in mind I’m no coder or even pro web developer. I’m actually a CGI illustrator, so don’t expect anything clever!! One is a dog food website that uses Ecwid and the other is a general dog services site for the same client.

I’d also mention that I couldn’t have done it without doing @Eldar 's Blocs 4 course first!!

Cheers!

10 Likes

Hi Roger,

Great work on your first Blocs websites! I am also glad that you found my course helpful!
If you will ever need any help, I would be happy to assist you in any way I can.

By the way, I like the seamless implementation of Ecwid in your your Merchandize page. Very cool!

Cheers,
Eldar

2 Likes

Excellent! 2different, but ‘in the same family’ websites.
Good stuff.

1 Like

Nice job, they both look nice. I see you’re hooked with the edge dividers…me too!

Casey

1 Like

Hey @rojharris - stunning images of the dogs ! I LOVE great photos and when dogs are on them…WOW!! Brilliant - what a rewarding job.

oh yeah…great websites too !!! hahaha.

I always had dogs as a when growing up. We had 2 x Border collies and miss them so so much and its been years since they passed away.

Now my own family and 2 boys, unfortunately my eldest has a pet allergy so we can’t have dogs and then after finding out he had this allergy, i too developed it. I play with my friends dogs and my eyes swell up and itch and I start sneezing like mad!..never had this till my son had it !

Keep up the great work.

3 Likes

Looks smart, congratulations @rojharris

A quick question, how did you do the testimonials where you can click to the next one?

Thanks,

Hey @AdieJAM, I’d get rid of your oldest son! Get a dog!
My old fella left us last October after 15 ½ years and I miss him every single day.
But back to the websites, yes, great stuff, and enhanced by the great dog pics.

2 Likes

haha !!! he is back at school today (and my youngest) and to be fair - they did my head in during lock down and being at home. Today - I miss them!! the house to too silent !!

Very good job. I love the dogs :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, I’m a big dog fan! We have two Labradoodles, which are hypoallergenic, so you may be able to have them?? They don’t shed or smell either so its a win win! Fantastic dogs too. I also love border collies but they are hard work with all the exercise they need!

Hi @Brocky120, They are just in a carousel with a single pixel transparent png as an image that’s then given a height with a class :slight_smile:
Then the text is added over the top in the caption area.

1 Like

Hi @rojharris, my boy was a first generation labradoodle also, so really scruffy - see my profile pick. But what a beautiful natured fella he was.
On a list for a Goldendoodle in June. Can’t wait.
Good website discussion!

Yeah! Doodles are great. Willow (my profile pic) is a Goldendoodle. She’s the most good-natured dog I’ve ever known. Rascal on the other hand, our younger doodle is mad as a bag of cats!

Nice sites, pop in the Trout Lechlade and say hi to my step mother

If only I could. Pub looks lovely but I happen to live down in Kent, miles away from Lechlade. Thanks to Covid I haven’t been up for over a year! I can’t wait to be able to go for a meal in a pub again!

1 Like

Hi @rojharris
What area did you add the class to. It seems to send my text off centre.
@PeteSharp did a lovely slider for me but since my install has gone haywire the slider has been messing up too.
Time to simplify it by myself if I can :crossed_fingers:t2:
PS I’m not far from you in N Wilts.

Hi @apswoodwork… I have three classes applied to the carousel in three places (see grab); ‘carousel-style’ just sets it’s width to 100% of the container div. ‘cc-carousel’ sets the height to various pixel amounts depending on breakpoint and ‘cc-carousel-text’ just changes the font size at the XS breakpoint so it’s all still readable on mobiles. That’s it… The text is centred on all sizes.

N Wilts would be near Lechlade, where my client is, but I’m down in Kent (Herne Bay) so not so close :slight_smile:

Brilliant work

1 Like

@apswoodwork Your site has been unreachable for two days due to an expired SSL certificate.

Thanks @Flashman, very much appreciated.
TSO aren’t the best but all sorted now.
I’m refreshing the site at the mo, but Blocs is playing up at the mo.
@Norm is on the chase tho!!