Mystery padding when using lazy load

Hi there

Ive been experimenting with page load speed etc on website which has images and a load more images button to reveal more images which has been working as expected. but because of the page load speed ive tried it with lazy load but now what i get is a mysterious padding when selecting the load more button. does anyone have a possible solution. without the lazy load the position of the button is fine but when the lazy load feature is used the unwanted padding appears

Maybe the same issue?

everything is set to zero padding and works as expected without using lazy load. its only when you use lazy load you have the unwanted padding

My long term solution has been to disable Lazy Load, since it is effectively built into to modern browsers already. If you are thinking about page speed loading you would do an awful lot better I suspect with the new Quick Link bric.

1 Like

Lazy load is problematic. It’s really better suited when you can add placeholders to avoid layout shift. Blocs doesn’t give us an easy way to do that though. And layout shift sucks

It also causes issues with scroll to anchors and offsets. Heights are calculated, and then suddenly an image appears and changes layout, and then everything is out.

just been reading about the quick link for blocs bric, so its a alternative to lazy load that still prefetches images etc? tell me more kind sir

It’s different to Lazyload, which loads images when they come into the viewport.

Quicklink will fetch the content from links to other pages in your site that appear in the viewport (the area the user can see in the browser). That means the browser already has the information when a user clicks on the link to the page and it loads faster.

It’s pretty smart, it fetches content based on criteria, and also uses the idle time of the browser, so it has no effect on the users experience. It’s GDPR compliant also.

@PeteSharp
Where does Quicklink go on the page?
Thx.

Anywhere.

If you want it on all your pages put it in one of the global areas.

Adding it to your footer is an easy place and where I would put it.