New bric: Infinite Slider

Hi @Lucas

Ok, I’ll let you know, although I looked at the descriptions, I did everything that way, but unfortunately it’s not good, even though I have 2.1 installed and the latest version of Blocs.
I hope to get it working on Monday.

It installed OK for me (see below). The Infinite Slider bric has a few quirks, but works pretty well for me. I like it.

Hope you can get it installed OK and working…

pruthe

@pruthe

Based on the video, it’s really good, although I don’t understand why it won’t start. It lets you install and that’s it.
Everything else starts without a problem, but I’ve never had such a problem.

I use Infinite slider here: https://fredpuksta.com

Works quite well…no issues either installing or using.
So whatever the issue is for you, it may not be the bric.

Rich the Weather Guy

It’s only interesting because everything else works perfectly, except for this one, and I’m not only using 1 brick, and they’re all flawless, only this one has a problem. I don’t think it’s nearly as certain that the fault is with me. I don’t even understand why you think I have a problem. Because it works for you?

@Boss81 Indeed it’s odd that it works for some and not for you, I don’t know why. Anyways, don’t worry: I’ve uploaded an updater that may fix the issue. Or not :thinking:

There are two new features in the 2.2.0 version:

1. Direction: horizontal or vertical
  2. Height: this can be useful combined with the vertical direction. Default is auto.

Open the Extension Manager to get the updater and let me know how it goes.

@Lucas

Thanks, it works perfectly now.
I updated, restarted Blocs and was able to use it.
Do you know what could have gone wrong?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

I seems to be having a problem with my Infinite Slider images after updating the bric to the 2.2.0 version. On preview, all my images seem to be extremely large and I can’t control with Height control. I may need to revert back to the previous version.

pruthe

update: I used the 2.1 Infinite Slider updater to revert back to the previous version. Everything OK now. @Lucas - Let me know if you have a fix for this issue and I’ll retry install. Thx.

@pruthe the slider has no control over the images or whatever goes into the bric container, my guess is that maybe something else is to blame. If you don’t care about the height option, then leave it at auto. This has to do with the slider height, not with the height of the images or other content.

@Boss81 I’ve been working on this update for quite a while and made a few changes, so it’s hard to tell what caused the issue and why it worked for some and not for others.

Hi @Lucas,

I actually also had to revert back to an earlier backup version of my project’s blocs file because even after reverting back to the 2.1 Infinite Slider bric, something wasn’t right with my project. After reverting back to the earlier version of blocs project file which used the 2.1 Infinite Slider bric, then everything was OK.

Attached are a before and after preview versions of my project’s Infinite Slider graphics area. You can see my Infinite Slider settings in my previous post above. Btw, I left the height option as blank. Does that invoke auto sizing? What should I enter here to change the height?

I may try some additional tests later, but for now I’ll stay with 2.1 bric. If you’d like me to try something, please let me know. I could maybe have a test version of the project file with the 2.2 version of bric.

Thx.

pruthe

Well Boss1, that was a suggestion, but apparently “something” in the bric did not sit well with your set up. Glad to hear it is working for you.

Rich the Weather Guy

1 Like

I’m finding increasingly I’m having to restart blocs and my Mac the newer the updates. Not because of Slider (as I haven’t used it yet), but things like classes disappear from the window, but are still assigned to items, so can’t edit them, I have to delete and redo. Background images disappear intermittently, parallax never works for me anymore without something else ‘jumping’
Loads of annoying bits cropping up for me over the past months, but numerous restarts get me there eventually. 1 hour jobs can take 4 hrs. Still useable, but very, very frustrating.

Hi TrevReav:

I would suggest you use the link right at the top of this forum, “Report a Bug.”
You can report issues that probably affect all of us.

Rich the Weather Guy

1 Like

Will do.
It’s just that when I’m using it I find I’m constantly deleting bits to redo, then trying to make something work, so I forget as I walk away frustrated!
But as others have mentioned at my moans on other posts, it’s probably my set up somehow to blame.

@Lucas Your Infinite Slider bric ought to be used by Blocs Web developer out there!
I just installed it and I’m telling you it was so easy to use one of the best no doubt.

Quick questions though:
Is there a way to set up the URL so that it opens in our different window or tab?

Maybe I’m asking too much, Please forgive me if I am, I love the feature that scrolling over the image / logo it pauses. Is there any possibility that when you hover over the image would have zoom capabilities or any other features?

Wrong person. @Lucas is the one you need.

1 Like

thanks, for the correction

The slider slots are empty containers, what you insert in there is totally up to you. The same for the interactions (navigate to URL, toggle modal etc) and animations already available in Blocs.

1 Like

I can see some different uses for the slider. I added one to a site and found it easy to use and customize.

Nice job @Lucas Lucas

2 Likes

@Lucas
Do I add this to the area where I change # to http// ?
<a href="https://armwrestlingseries.com/supporters/="_blank">Your Link Text</a>