New Bric: Page Lock

pagelock_banner

Hi Everyone !

BricsDesign is Back & I Have Something Secure for You !

Announcing Page Lock

Create secure pages on your site

Page Lock provides a modern way to set up secure pages on your Blocs site with login permissions for an unlimited number of site visitors. Can be used for site membership sites, control of document distribution, access to paid content or to limit access to in-progress site work.

This bric has been under development for 6 months, with a lot of complex back-end coding that everyone has been asking for, so I think you are going to like it :grinning:

• Login either through a login button on direct clicking of a protected page in the navigation
  • Unlimited users/passwords
  • Full localization of all alerts and button text
  • Full styling controls for all buttons
  • Optional initial hiding of login button w/ keyboard toggle control if you don’t want the login button to be a distraction to normal site visitors
  • Cancel button on login page to redirect normal visitors back to a predefined page
  • Helper alerts during login to give proper feedback & guidance
  • Smooth login success animations

Demonstration Video
Watch the video to see it being setup.

OR

Go to the Page Lock page to see it in action.

Keep Building w/ Blocs !

P.S. (A Big Thank You to all who have purchased & will purchase this very useful bric !)

Bill
BricsDesign

5 Likes

Just sent you and email with an issue downloading the bric after payment.

Yup, working on it - just waiting for some more info to figure out what the problem is :wink:

Thank you all sorted, that’ll teach me to try and do things on an iphone that should have been done on the Mac… my own fault. but thank you for sorting it out. i shall now have a play with this.

Nice work Bill! :smile: This feature Bric is one we’ve all been waiting for. Thank you so much for all you’ve done to get it to us. I didn’t have a second thought about purchasing this.

Hi @Bill

I have watched the video, and I have a question. What’s the process to add or remove users and/or change passwords. Do you have to modify in blocs and upload again and setup the page?

Thanks

Hi @Malachiman

If you want to add or remove users or edit passwords, then yes, you do the editing in Blocs, publish & export the page you designate for setting up users and click the ‘Setup Users’ button & then the ‘Setup This Page’ button on that page. You will have to export & visit any other Private page that is listed in the Access inputs, as those will need the ‘Setup This Page’ button clicked as well.

Hopefully, that makes sense.

Bill
BricsDesign

1 Like

Thanks. So each private page will need to be revisited and setup too.

@Malachiman Yes, any other Private page will need to be revisited. There’s a lot going on behind the scenes that’s required when you click those buttons - but as you saw, it’s takes about 5secs a page to do it - easy peasy.

1 Like

Great Bric! Does it work even with wordpress websites?

To be fair you don’t need this Bric when working in WordPress.
You can simply set the visibility of the page/post to “password protected”, or you could use a plugin like Membership & Content Restriction – Paid Member Subscriptions – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org to take more control over access.

@Bill congrats on the great addition to the Blocs ecosystem!

1 Like

Hi Bill:

This is very welcome and very nice indeed.
Don’t need it at the moment, but now that this is available I may have to rethink what I provide and how I want to provide that content.

Thanks for creating this great Bric! We needed this in the Blocs World…

Rich the Weather Guy

@odd1 Hi, I’ve never tried it on a wordpress site, Page Lock is like a wrapper for a page that let’s in a user that’s already logged in or redirects to a login page, so yes in theory, it has a good chance of working.

1 Like