New bric: Player

I just bought player, but I cannot install it all. Nothing happened when I double click on install icon…

• When I tried to apply player extension, I see 6 instances of player, but none of them does not work
  • However, I cannot uninstall them, because they are not listed in Extension manager (???)
    Please, help.

@Ferdo Is this Blocs 3.4.2? It has an update related to the extension manager that means custom brics had to be reinstalled before the updater works properly. I had similar difficulties installing one of Lucas’s brics. In the end I was only able to install it by going back to 3.3. Afterwards it worked normally in 3.4.2, however your similar problem makes me think there is a problem here with some of the brics from Lucas.

To uninstall them you can manually delete them via the brics folder inside you user library > application support > Blocs 3. Then restart Blocs. That will at least clear the multiple entries, but will not help you to install the bric. You could try installing via Blocs 3.3 if that is installed, otherwise I think this is something that can only be fixed by @Norm and @Lucas

Thank you, yes it’s 3.4.2…
At least I deleted multiple entries…
I suppose I must wait for the update :confused:

It may be something particular to your system and mine, but to me this sounds like something that needs to be investigated by the developer. If needs be, he can go through any technical issues with Norm, but this is not something generalised with all custom brics. I first raised this during the beta stages and you can read my points through this thread https://forum.blocsapp.com/t/blocs-3-4-2-beta-build-2/8621/9?u=flashman

Hello @Lucas I had buy before the following bric:

But the links not working, can you please send me the corrects links? I made a fresh install in my Mac and need those bric.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile:

Great tool, very easy to use. Buuuut… in your tutorial video the player runs in fullscreen. If I push the fullscreen button nothing happens. I tried with different videos, even created a brand new project like in your video. I am using the latest version of blocs…

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Marcel

@Lucas are you here?

Hi and sorry for the delay…please send me a message to support@weaverskingdom.com

Hello @Lucas help me with this please:

• Is there any chance that in the end of the movie that is played it won’t start the next one?

Many Thanks

Good Question.
I’m using the Player bric a lot, it’s a fine bric.
The function Pealco ask for would make it even better.
So … @Lucas … what’d you think?

@Pealco and @Bootsie, good request that I’ll add to the wish list but cannot give you guys a timeline for when I’ll be able to implement.

1 Like

Don’t worry.
At least you responded to customers, what is something that not all developers do.
Thanks a lot.
We’ll be patient and wait.

2 Likes

Hello @Lucas, and @Bootsie I found a way to workaround and it work, and I don’t know if you can implement such a on/off feature in the bric itself with this simple change.

So I go to the exported file:

jplayer.playlist.min.js

and in line 32 you have the :

}), a(this.cssSelector.jPlayer).bind(a.jPlayer.event.ended, function() {
	e.next()

And I just comment the function so it ends like this:

}), a(this.cssSelector.jPlayer).bind(a.jPlayer.event.ended, function() {
	//e.next()

And in this way when it finish it doesn’t go to next movie/music.

It’s not nice, but it is working…

There must be a mistake in this part.
Everything after the “//” will transform into a comment. Therefore the whole thing doesn’t work anymore.
I’m a non-coder so I may be wrong.

He means he commented out that part of the code so it doesn’t apply.

Yes I’m aware of that, but …
When I do it this way the rest of the script turns into a comment. (see picture)

It’s because you are working with in minified code. try wrapping that call in a multi-line comment.

like this

/*e.next()*/

Thank you Whittfield, that’s the way to do it. Works now.
The only thing, when you make changes in your project and export it you you have to change the file again.
Well …

I can’t tell what element “this” is scoped to, but whatever that element it is you can likely unbind the .next()

I don’t have the player bric, but based on Pealco’s code I see you are using jplayer. This unbind should do the trick or get you very close. We could try unbind on the event.ended, but the api suggests that the repeat event might be a better solve.

< script >
     $("#my-jplayer").unbind($.jPlayer.event.repeat + ".jPlayer");
</ script >

Sorry I mis-understood. I see @Whittfield has posted a solution. Awesome.